Windows 10: Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -

Discus and support Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music - in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, recently I made a dumb decision. I usually download music through mp3 conversions because I like to listen to it during study or gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aztra1_JoyConBoys, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -

So, recently I made a dumb decision.

• I usually download music through mp3 conversions because I like to listen to it during study or gaming sessions. I use the mp3 converter "convert io" (https://www.converto.io/en10/). Recently one of the songs I downloaded from there, did not show its cover album art, so without knowing how Groove Music works, I went to the album it was located to, which was called Unknown Album" and I went to another album it was located in called "convertio", to change its cover art. Once I changed the album art of both these albums, every song in that album was changed to that one fixated image, which I didn't find appealing.

• For me, whenever I downloaded music through mp3 conversion, it would keep its cover art, typically the youtube thumbnail, but now whenever I download music through that converter, it automatically saves to one of the two playlists (either Unknown Album or converto.io where you can select the name of the album artist or album title but neither of these changes takes effect for me. I cannot revert the change to the "Unknown Album" cover album art. I would really appreciate it if anyone who had this occur to them to help me, I know a lot of people say "Groove Music cut ties with Microsoft so it no longer supported" or "Just use another music player app like Spotify", However, I have so many files of music (840 files approx.) that were saved from 2014, that either is not available on Apps such as Spotify or Youtube.

• In general, I would like some help from anyone either on how I can revert this change rather than finding an alternative, because in the future I plan on using Groove Music, as pathetic as it sounds, over other music "Pay to stream" platforms.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are two images of the covert art of both the albums as well as how every song's covert art changed.

submitted by /u/Aztra1_JoyConBoys
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aztra1_JoyConBoys, Jan 13, 2021

2. Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

Jessica杰西卡, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Groove music - Album covers half missing

Hi,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide us the following information:

• Do the album covers/album art show up correctly in Windows Media Player?
    • Have you checked if this is also true for the other music apps you used to add the album covers/album art?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of a sample album art so we can take a closer look?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -

Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

I am quite certain that people are having a problem not seeing what you are saying because they store their music on OneDrive.

YOU CANNOT EDIT MUSIC THAT IS STORED ON ONEDRIVE!!!!!!!!

It Sucks, I don't understand it. I really hope that Microsoft fixes this because I see no reason to use two Microsoft Programs - Groove and OneDrive, which are so incompatible with each other.

If it's not resolved soon I will take my music, and my storage, and go elsewhere.

Steve Rogalinski, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -

1. Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music - - Similar Threads - Need Help Reverting

2. Cover art overwritten by Music folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cover art overwritten by Music folder: Hello everyone, I've been using Windows Media Player very often in the past to add covers to some of the songs I enjoy that don't have them.Recently I've found a way to add high quality covers by using Mp3tag, since when adding covers via Windows Media Player the quality gets...
  3. Find file location of music album's cover art

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find file location of music album's cover art: I have a music album that I downloaded and am playing it through windows media player on Windows 11. I can see the cover art of it when playing the songs. However, I would like to be able to find this image's file location so that I can use it elsewhere. I've looked through...
  4. Find file location of music album's cover art

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find file location of music album's cover art: I have a music album that I downloaded and am playing it through windows media player on Windows 11. I can see the cover art of it when playing the songs. However, I would like to be able to find this image's file location so that I can use it elsewhere. I've looked through...
  5. How to add album art in groove music

How to add album art in groove music: Is there any way to add an album art (cover photo) in Groove music app? Have searched forum but no results. I am using Windows 10. Thank you! 176627
  6. Groove Music's album art not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music's album art not showing: [ATTACH] I have been trying to edit the album's info. The tags are still able to edit but when I tried to upload the art but it keeps showing the JPG file. I have tried many ways like resize the picture or use mp3tag but it just doesn't work....
  7. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  8. Groove not showing album art

Groove not showing album art: Groove isn't showing album art for 85% of the albums. I really like the live tile feature so not having album art is annoying. VLC does this fine, but I want to use Groove for the interface. The Groove app on my phone has no trouble showing album art for all of my albums....
  9. Groove music album cover blurred?

Groove music album cover blurred?: The album cover at Groove Musik on my PC is blurred. Can I change that? It is blurred in the background https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/groove-musik-album-cover-unscharf
  10. Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover

Groove music doesn't recognize Artist, Album and Cover: Hi, Since I changed the folder of my music, Groove hasn't been able to recognize the albums and artists. I have tried: - Deleting the groove app and redownloading it. - Checking security of the folders and mp3 files. - Resetting the database:...