Windows 10: Need Help Running Rescue Boot Disc

Discus and support Need Help Running Rescue Boot Disc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just made a rescue boot disc with Macrium Reflect. The Wannacry prompted me to be better prepared and hopefully restore my computer if necessary from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JWalker, May 14, 2017.

1. JWalker Win User

Need Help Running Rescue Boot Disc

I just made a rescue boot disc with Macrium Reflect. The Wannacry prompted me to be better prepared and hopefully restore my computer if necessary from an external HD connected by USB. I have a Thinkpad E570 with Windows 10. I can't figure out the sequence to test the rescue disc. Do I insert the rescue disc when the computer is on and then shut it down? What key do I hit when I start up? If I could get to the right menus I could probably proceed ok. Thanks.

:)

JWalker, May 14, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Hard-Driving Problems Toshiba Windows 10

Hi Tony, what you need to do is download a PE Disk, boot from that and then you can investigate Data Recovery

Have a read of this Article, I hope it helps!

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/5-system-rescue-boo...

DaveM121, May 14, 2017
  3. win 10 fail, now totally inoperable win 8 computer

command prompt only, all other rescue methods fail, have not tried boot disc. what now?

DandToniDowning, May 14, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

You go to your bios and set it to boot from flash drive first. Then start pc with flash drive in and you will boot to Macrium.

cereberus, May 14, 2017
  5. JWalker Win User
    Thanks. I am in need of a step by step to get to what you are telling me to do. I have the boot disc in the CD/DVD drive and Macrium backup of my HD on a HD connected to the computer by USB. Do I need to have the boot disc in my computer before shutting it down. I can't open the CD/DVD drive when the computer if off.

JWalker, May 14, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Specific instructions for Lenovo...
    How to boot from USB disk under Windows 8, Windows 10 - Idea/Lenovo laptops

...in addition to changing the boot order in Bios, apparently there's also a F12 boot device menu available. You have to start from cold to see it, so insert the USB or DVD you want to boot from and use Restart (or turn off fast startup and then shut down).

7. JWalker Win User
    Thanks so much. I will see if I can navigate through the procedure. It is a dry run at this point.

JWalker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need Help Running Rescue Boot Disc - Similar Threads - Need Help Running

2. GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error: I am looking to fix this GRUB rescue issue on my computer, last night i shut my PC down before heading off to bed, i turn my PC on this morning and it shows up with a grub rescue command type layput on my screens....
  3. GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GRUB RESCUE - No Such Disc error: I am looking to fix this GRUB rescue issue on my computer, last night i shut my PC down before heading off to bed, i turn my PC on this morning and it shows up with a grub rescue command type layput on my screens....
  4. Booting from Rescue media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Booting from Rescue media: Hello All, -I use HP Compaq 8300 SFF as a second machine W 10 x64 Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 running in Legacy BIOS mode, the EUFI is missing. Checking the MR Rescue DVD was possible, booting F9 selecting SATA2 (HP forum advice). -This method however assumes a functioning...
  5. Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder

Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder: Hello, Windows Home 10 v2004 x64 Macrium Reflect v7.2.5107 Home - 5th August 2020 Last time I make a Macrium Reflect Rescue Media was in September 2007, and I think the GUI has change a little or I do not remember How I did it *Sad I do not want Macrium download anything...
  6. running a disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    running a disc: I am trying to download fromTurbo Tax. not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-a-disc/2b4c3741-8a74-4341-a25d-fc4af4f692d1"
  7. Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media

Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media: I creased a rescue usb flash drive. It boots fine but when I click on “Image this drive” a new window will come up. This window is to large for the screen. I can not see the Next button on the bottom. It is not possible to shrink or resize the window. l’ve read you can add...
  8. Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with Macrium Reflect rescue media: I creased a rescue usb flash drive. It boots fine but when I click on “Image this drive” a new window will come up. This window is to large for the screen. I can not see the Next button on the bottom. It is not possible to shrink or resize the window. l’ve read you can add...
  9. help needed, dual boot when running win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help needed, dual boot when running win10: hi guys, Ive just bought a new gaming laptop, my first off the shelf pc ever. ive always built my own desktops it came with win8.1, which i thought was dreadful so i tried to install win7... no such luck, after days searching on the net, i gave up and updated to win10...
  10. Help with rescue disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with rescue disk: i have had to restore Win 10 7 times since first install. just updated audio drivers, and lost internet connection, which is what always happens---seems to happen at almost any time it feels like it. Also lost Word and the templates it came with after first restore, When...