Windows 10: Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect

Discus and support Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I just returned home after I spent my weekend at my friends house. After I came home I found my computer in this state. My parents used it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GraviNty, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect

Hello,

I just returned home after I spent my weekend at my friends house. After I came home I found my computer in this state. My parents used it and usually they are quite responsible but something seemed to have happened. Anyway, all documents are lost, only the software remained. The resolutions seems too sharp, my background is reset and I have this weird "crosshair" in the middle of my screen and an FPS counter on the top right, both appear immediately in the windows loading screen when I start my computer. Im connected via LAN, had Internet, restarted my PC and now don't have anymore. The only network I can connect to is FlyVPN. I can't restore to any previous windows version, ran adware and the windows 10 security system but nothing pops up. I usually have a password but the system logs in automatically as admin.

Edit : image link in comments

submitted by /u/GraviNty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GraviNty, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Malwarebytes Detects 'prefs.js' as a Virus - Help!

The email indicates that you have an FVD Media Inc extension installed. The email belongs to the developer.

Bing can be removed - it's not suspicious.

Type aboutNeed help, seem to have a virus I can't detect :preferences#search in the address bar. Make sure that bing is non-default then in the search engine list highlight bing and remove.

Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect [​IMG]

I would still suggest clean installing firefox and that means removing leftovers after uninstall.

Callender, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect

1. Need help, seem to have a virus I can't detect - Similar Threads - Need help seem

2. I need help with removing a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with removing a virus: Being uncoutious, got a virus from downloading from an untrusted source. Built in windows defender keeps warning me about it every day, choosing the remove or quarantine options do nothing to it, inside the location folder from details message there arent any files including...
  3. I need help with removing a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with removing a virus: Being uncoutious, got a virus from downloading from an untrusted source. Built in windows defender keeps warning me about it every day, choosing the remove or quarantine options do nothing to it, inside the location folder from details message there arent any files including...
  4. I got a virus i need help with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got a virus i need help with: i think i have a virus on my laptop and i cant get rid of it, i downloaded steam and i think i did it off the wrong website somehow. any ideas? someone said to delete "PcAppStore" but when i tried it froze my laptop twice and the 3rd time it just disappeared, its still...
  5. I got a virus i need help with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a virus i need help with: i think i have a virus on my laptop and i cant get rid of it, i downloaded steam and i think i did it off the wrong website somehow. any ideas? someone said to delete "PcAppStore" but when i tried it froze my laptop twice and the 3rd time it just disappeared, its still...
  6. I got a virus i need help with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. i need help related to virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need help related to virus: please kindly aware me how to get rid out a vrus which affected my labtop as well how to restore my data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-related-to-virus/3c3bb314-5384-4244-a220-6013b1b41a5f
  8. Virus detected but can't be removed.

Virus detected but can't be removed.: I am getting non-stop spam from windows security saying a virus is detected. Every time I remove it, it instantly says that I have a threat. Its called Ludicrouz.Y and I have no clue how to fix this. I have scanned using quick scan and full scan on windows security. Is there...
  9. I cant tell if I have a virus or not, need help

I cant tell if I have a virus or not, need help: My PC has been running fine for over 2 years now until the past weekend where somehow I think it got a virus and im not sure how because I avoid sketchy websites and downloads. My task manager frequently says disk 100% especially when I run antivirus programs. Also any...
  10. I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.: Hello! I have a virus that whenever I run Google Chrome and click on a new page, a pop up randomly appears and attempts to hide itself. The goal of the virus is to log my facebook information and hack my account, but luckily I blocked the app it attempts to enable. The...