Windows 10: need help setting remote desktop

Discus and support need help setting remote desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am having hard time setting up remote desktop! with this COVID-19, I need to remote into my office computer. I dont know why microsoft made it so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jacemore, Jul 5, 2020.

1. need help setting remote desktop

I am having hard time setting up remote desktop! with this COVID-19, I need to remote into my office computer. I dont know why microsoft made it so dificult to set-up.

The problem I have is, I cant remote into the PC if the computer is not logged in physically, even locked. for example, if I restart my office computer then I lose access to that computer. I need to drive over work to log in!

Is there a way that I can remote desktop without having the computer logged in?

submitted by /u/Jacemore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jacemore, Jul 5, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jul 5, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 5, 2020
  4. need help setting remote desktop

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

need help setting remote desktop

1. need help setting remote desktop - Similar Threads - need help setting

2. I need help with setting up Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with setting up Remote Desktop: I am having trouble connection my PC to IPAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-setting-up-remote-desktop/394d5421-23b9-444f-8288-7b8aed1be1f7
  3. I need help with setting up Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with setting up Remote Desktop: I am having trouble connection my PC to IPAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-setting-up-remote-desktop/394d5421-23b9-444f-8288-7b8aed1be1f7
  4. Remote Desktop help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop help: Good Day. I am trying to set up Remote Desktop so that I can access my desktop on my laptop. I am having some issues in doing so. First I have Remote Desktop Turned onSecond I input my computer name into the Computer Field on the Remote Desktop ScreenThird When I try to login...
  5. Remote Desktop help

Remote Desktop help: Good Day. I am trying to set up Remote Desktop so that I can access my desktop on my laptop. I am having some issues in doing so. First I have Remote Desktop Turned onSecond I input my computer name into the Computer Field on the Remote Desktop ScreenThird When I try to login...
  6. Setting Up Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Up Remote Desktop: I have tried to access my laptop computer through the desktop computer by using the system’s Remote Desktop explained at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-use-remote-desktop-5fe128d5-8fb1-7a23-3b8a-41e636865e8cI have enabled Remote Desktop on the laptop...
  7. Remote desktop - Set default settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop - Set default settings.: Hi there, I click onto an rdp file everyday to remote into my work comouter but have to select certain options each time which is a pain. Is there anyway I can default some boxes to be ticked everytime. The boxes I want ticked/Unticked are:- TICK Use all monitors- TICK Record...
  8. Remote desktop - Set default settings.

Remote desktop - Set default settings.: Hi there, I click onto an rdp file everyday to remote into my work comouter but have to select certain options each time which is a pain. Is there anyway I can default some boxes to be ticked everytime. The boxes I want ticked/Unticked are:- TICK Use all monitors- TICK Record...
  9. Error 0x204 on remote desktop - help needed please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x204 on remote desktop - help needed please: Hi I'm working from home and am trying to connect to my PC at work. I have had it set up from my laptop and working fine. However I've moved locations and now cannot connect and am getting error 0x204 with the following: "You have disconnected because another connection was...
  10. Remote Desktop help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop help: This is most likely a very simple problem but I'm struggling to find good instructions for how to remote into a second computer and would love some help. I'm trying to remote into a friend's home PC (both computers are running Windows 10), we're both on home networks in...