Windows 10: Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan"

Discus and support Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I checked the bios, and the "Wake On Lan" feature is enabled, but when I go to Device Manager and open Network Adapter's properties, the "allow this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marron, May 10, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan"

I checked the bios, and the "Wake On Lan" feature is enabled, but when I go to Device Manager and open Network Adapter's properties, the "allow this device to wake the computer" is grayed out. Also I'm sure that I'm the one who disabled that feature in a previous build, because my PC randomly started on it's own. Now I need the WOL feature and it's grayed out.

:)

Marron, May 10, 2015

2. Pc reboots after shutdown

You can also check the status of "wake up on lan" feature inside the bios , if it is enabled try to disable it , or you can disable the "wake up on lan" signal coming from your lan device if it is not needed.

Ernesto Bulla, May 10, 2015
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, May 10, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

You need to tick the box "Allow the computer to turn off......", then the option will be available for you.

Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan" [​IMG]

brummyfan, May 10, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    Nope. Screenshot by Lightshot

Marron, May 10, 2015
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Check in Advanced tab whether either "Wake on Pattern Match" or "Wake on Magic Packet" is enabled.

brummyfan, May 10, 2015
  7. Marron Win User
    Can't find those options.

Marron, May 10, 2015
  8. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, May 10, 2015
  9. Charlie Win User
    Just some enable or disable tabs that you can look at. I not sure what they control? Just looking around and ran into them.

Charlie, May 10, 2015
  10. brummyfan Win User
    Hi Marron,
    Those Options are under Power Management tab and not in Advanced tab for your adapter, sorry for misleading *Redface
    Just enable them and see what happens.

brummyfan, May 10, 2015
  11. Marron Win User
    Marron, May 10, 2015
  12. Marron Win User
    The power management tab still looks like this, so I guess I don't really get what you mean by "those options". I don't see "Wake on Pattern Match" or "Wake on Magic Packet" anywhere.

Marron, May 11, 2015
  13. Marron Win User

Marron, May 11, 2015
  14. Dude Win User
  15. Marron Win User
    Marron, May 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Need Help Setting Up "Wake On Lan" - Similar Threads - Need Help Setting

2. Wake up on Lan not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wake up on Lan not responding: Hi,I've tried every configuration available through Google and still, I cannot wake up my Win10 home computer from power off or hibernate. I know I'm on the right track, as it does wake up from sleep after sending a packet from my phone from an App I downloaded. My...
  3. Wake on Lan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake on Lan: Hi everyone. I have a Chatreey AN1 AMD Ryzen R3 Mini PC with a Realtek NiC. Windows 10 is installed. I can't for the life of me get it to wake on LAN. There are no LEDs in the NIC when the device is off. Should there be blinking LEDs? I've updated the drivers, turned on...
  4. Wake on LAN ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake on LAN ???: What setting do I need to change when this WakeOnLAN ONLY works if the pc to be started via LAN is cut of from power ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-on-lan/7f39da08-e6f1-410a-afd8-0c598be75319
  5. Wake On Lan

Wake On Lan: I'm having issues setting up Wake on Lan on my PC and have no idea why at this point. I had it working on Windows 7 but since i upgraded it a few months back I've not managed to get it working again. I've followed the instructs, turned the wake on lan function on in network...
  6. Wake on LAN

Wake on LAN: I am trying to set Wake On LAN up. Specs are router Nighthawk R7000 motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-F GAMING Not sure if other specs are needed? process Switched Power On By PCI-E/PCI on in the bios turned Wake on magic packet enabled Checked with wireshark that...
  7. Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set Windows 10 to "Wake on LAN:: I'm trying to set a Windows 10 computer to "Wake on LAN' so that I can wake it up remotely and connect through Team Viewer. I found instructions telling me to go to Device Manager, Network Adapters, properties for the Realtek PCIe GbG card, advanced. On the instructions, I...
  8. Wake up on LAN not working!

Wake up on LAN not working!: Hello. I have my desktop PC at my work office. This is great, but when I am at home, I only have a Chromebook and an Android tablet. I would love to get Steam Link or Chrome Remote Desktop to work, and possibly do some gaming at home. I've gotten it to work great, the...
  9. Setting up LAN

Setting up LAN: I will be receiving a new computer shortly with Win 10 already installed. Computer does not have DVD drive. If I have to set up an internet connection using LAN to router I would appreciate an how to please. Thanks 99313
  10. Wake on Lan

Wake on Lan: Can't get computer to wake from master computer,worked perfect when windows 7 was on remote local computer? I'm I missing something in a setup. 42469