Windows 10: Need help, son is locked out screen time broken

Discus and support Need help, son is locked out screen time broken in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son's Win10 device says "Times up! This device is locked because of family settings......" If he clicks "My parent is here" he gets "An error has... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gerald_014, May 11, 2021.

1. Need help, son is locked out screen time broken

My son's Win10 device says "Times up! This device is locked because of family settings......" If he clicks "My parent is here" he gets "An error has occurred" and if he clicks Send Request he gets "Something went wrong" I already removed him from the family group and then added him again with no screen time and it still doesn't work. I keep seeing things saying he needs to access aka.ms/familyverify from the device but he can't since he's locked out, please help, what else can we try?

:)

Gerald_014, May 11, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, May 11, 2021
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 11, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Need help, son is locked out screen time broken

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Need help, son is locked out screen time broken

1. Need help, son is locked out screen time broken - Similar Threads - Need help son

2. Locked out of My son's account. Standard User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of My son's account. Standard User: So my son either accidentally locked himself out of his account. He has an email attached to it and doesn't know the information for that either. I'm thinking they're the same password or he honestly just didn't keep track of what he was using as a password. My account is the...
  3. Locked out of My son's account. Standard User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of My son's account. Standard User: So my son either accidentally locked himself out of his account. He has an email attached to it and doesn't know the information for that either. I'm thinking they're the same password or he honestly just didn't keep track of what he was using as a password. My account is the...
  4. broken lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    broken lock screen: issue: stuck on lock screen but it’s not showing the date and time, and nothing happens when i try to open my log in screeni cant get into my pc and had this problem so many timesturning my pc on and off works but i dont wanna have to do it every time i encounter this...
  5. Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Son's laptop locked out - Bitlocker?: Hi, my son's Windows 10 laptop just stopped working all of a sudden. Now, it will boot up, though it's to a Bitlocker screen asking for a 48-character key. I (and he) have no idea what this key is, nor remember installing this feature. MS support pages are no help,...
  6. Screen Time Broken

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Broken: So I just started using Opera because Microsoft edge was glitchy, a week later my computer decided to set a screen time limit, for me the issue is I cannot use the browser until one of my parents turns off the screen time when they do every day, it turns back on. Why does...
  7. Windows 10 lock screen timeing out.

Windows 10 lock screen timeing out.: Good day I have a strange problem and have never come across this problem, when os boots up and just before you have to sign in the lock screen is displayed. Now you have to click or press any key to have this screen move upwards and away...where my problem comes in si that...
  8. my lock screen times out after 1 minute. help

my lock screen times out after 1 minute. help: I have several issues. I would like to get help setting the timeout on the lock screen. Also the adiokeeps cutting off .. the asio driver for my Arturia program.is being blocked by Wavetable synth.If wecould get these things to work I would bw greatful....
  9. Lock screen time-out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen time-out: Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I followed some instructions that I found on the internet that involve adding ".bak" or ".backup" to the lock screen file in...
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Time Out: Hello, I used to use a reg file for Windows 8.1 to customize the time until the screen turns off during the Lock Screen Time Out. I want to know if that command still applies for Windows 10. The reg file command is:...