Windows 10: Need help switching to a new SSD

Discus and support Need help switching to a new SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HDD and I just got a SSD and I'm trying to switch. I tried using Macrium to clone my previous hard drive, but it failed and told me to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by russianyoda, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Need help switching to a new SSD

I have a HDD and I just got a SSD and I'm trying to switch. I tried using Macrium to clone my previous hard drive, but it failed and told me to run "chkdsk C: /r" in cmd, so I did. I restarted my pc and after about 40 mins I got BSoD. I restarted again and the repair was stuck on stage 4 at 220k. Any tips on how to make my new SSD my main? I don't really care about keeping files.

:)

russianyoda, Aug 14, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Need help switching to a new SSD :cool:

jmcslob, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Need help switching to a new SSD

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Need help switching to a new SSD

1. Need help switching to a new SSD - Similar Threads - Need help switching

2. Help with new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with new ssd: I got a new ssd for my hp omen laptop and I put the recovery USB drive in the computer, it gets to 6% with the recovery then blue screens and auto reboots saying the reason is ntfs.sys...
  3. Help with new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with new ssd: I got a new ssd for my hp omen laptop and I put the recovery USB drive in the computer, it gets to 6% with the recovery then blue screens and auto reboots saying the reason is ntfs.sys...
  4. Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.: The laptop is brand new, not even turned on yet. It only came with 4th gen 256GB ssd. So, I bought a new 4th gen 1TB ssd.I have no data to save. It does have the product ID printed on the back of the laptop. Can I simply swap out the larger ssd and reboot using the product ID...
  5. Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.: The laptop is brand new, not even turned on yet. It only came with 4th gen 256GB ssd. So, I bought a new 4th gen 1TB ssd.I have no data to save. It does have the product ID printed on the back of the laptop. Can I simply swap out the larger ssd and reboot using the product ID...
  6. New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff: Following starting position: I had a ssd hdd setup with the ssd being only 110 GB and (supposed) reserved for Windows. Now it's completly full to the point I can't open an excel file. I bought a new ssd a while ago which I want to install now. Two questions: is 110 GB enough...
  7. Need help on transferring Windows 10 to new SSD

Need help on transferring Windows 10 to new SSD: Just bought a 500GB m.2 ssd to replace my current 128GB drive. I created an image of my 128GB m.2 SSD using Macrium reflect and it is already saved on my second hard drive (1tb HDD). My laptop only has 1 m.2 slot. How can I restore the image of the 128GB ssd to my 500GB ssd...
  8. Need help with GPU switching

Need help with GPU switching: Hello there! Here is my problem: I bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and I'd like to play minecraft on it. I only recently noticed that minecraft runs using the integrated intel graphics instead of the dedicated one. Other games work fine with GPU switching but...
  9. Switching to Windows 10 with new SSD, need help

Switching to Windows 10 with new SSD, need help: Hey everyone, I will get my first SSD soon and plan on finally witching to Windows 10 (currently using Windows 7). How would I get to install Windows 10 on my new SDD, while keeping all my old files on my old hard drive? The only thing I want to remove from there is Windows...
  10. Help with new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with new SSD: I currently had 256GB SSD in my PC and that was getting full so I bought a Samsung 1TB SSD to put in my PC to use as the primary hard drive. I don't want to lose all my data so I chose to use the Samsung software to migrate all of the data from the 256GB onto the new 1TB. I...