Windows 10: Need help! Think I may have been hacked.

Discus and support Need help! Think I may have been hacked. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I opened up my computer today for the first time in 4 days to see my background has changed to a troll face. This troll face image has ever been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaxJawi, Aug 24, 2020.

1. MaxJawi Win User

Need help! Think I may have been hacked.

I opened up my computer today for the first time in 4 days to see my background has changed to a troll face. This troll face image has ever been downloaded on my pc either.

:)

MaxJawi, Aug 24, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 24, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Need help! Think I may have been hacked. [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. lacrumb Win User

Think I've been Hacked ?

If you think you have been hacked run Windows Security and Malwarebytes.

lacrumb, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help! Think I may have been hacked. - Similar Threads - Need help may

2. I may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I may have been hacked: How can I really force reset this laptop cause when it's booting up it says running diagnostics but always fails and if I trouble shoot or try to reset or even use a system restore point every single thing fails...
  3. I may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I may have been hacked: How can I really force reset this laptop cause when it's booting up it says running diagnostics but always fails and if I trouble shoot or try to reset or even use a system restore point every single thing fails...
  4. I may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I think I've been hacked

I think I've been hacked: I had an alert pop up and was asked to call 855-451-2951. I was connected with Microsoft but I want to verify that it was actually microsoft and not a hack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-ive-been-hacked/5a7234e1-b771-42d6-a19f-e8125183ef3c
  6. I think I've been hacked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think I've been hacked: I had an alert pop up and was asked to call 855-451-2951. I was connected with Microsoft but I want to verify that it was actually microsoft and not a hack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-ive-been-hacked/5a7234e1-b771-42d6-a19f-e8125183ef3c
  7. my laptop may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my laptop may have been hacked: I was contacted by itworldpro.net purportedly on behalf of Microsoft saying that my licence had expired and that was why my laptop was running slowly. They took control of my laptop, allegedly cleaned it up and charged me £1,200 for a lifetime licence. I bought my laptop in...
  8. my laptop may have been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop may have been hacked: I was contacted by itworldpro.net purportedly on behalf of Microsoft saying that my licence had expired and that was why my laptop was running slowly. They took control of my laptop, allegedly cleaned it up and charged me £1,200 for a lifetime licence. I bought my laptop in...
  9. my laptop may have been hacked

10. I think , I have been Hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think , I have been Hacked: Split from this thread. Microsoft is telling me that my PC is hacked and in danger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-think-i-have-been-hacked/0aacc809-950d-4f11-96b6-8019e5983def