Windows 10: need help to activate a preinstalled version of MS Office 2016 home

Discus and support need help to activate a preinstalled version of MS Office 2016 home in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; i bought a HP laptop 15-da1041TU, from a retail store. The next day, i had issues with windows updates and was asked reinstall Win 10. upon... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ananthblaze, Aug 28, 2019.

1. need help to activate a preinstalled version of MS Office 2016 home

i bought a HP laptop 15-da1041TU, from a retail store. The next day, i had issues with windows updates and was asked reinstall Win 10. upon reinstallation, i lost access to a preinstalled version of MS Office that was activated by the dealer, using some part of my email address.

Now, i thought that HP had a great customer care center. Sadly, they do not have the basic understanding of how technology works and are confused, mostly.

Now, HP had shipped me a recovery drive to help reinstall the OS as it got corrupted (the windows update problem). i somehow managed to fix the OS reinstall problem before the recovery media could arrive.

then i called HP, to help activate MS Office. I forgot what credentials were used nor did the dealer give it to me.
    they asked me to send snapshots of MS Office activation page, laptop serial number and product ID.
    It has been so many days and i have not received a word from them. i called them today, they asked me to proceed with the recovery media installation confirming that this would resolve the MS office activation.
    see, MS office 365 is preinstalled. They have to install MS office 2016 and then troubleshoot activation issues.

i tried my best to make them understand that reinstalling the OS using the recovery media will not solve anything. They would not understand.

I contacted Microsoft too, a technician took remote and tried to retrieve the email account that was used in the MS Office webpage. Well, this did not work.

so, please help...i spent a fortune to get this laptop (first one). need to activate MS Office

:)

ananthblaze, Aug 28, 2019

2. Activation of preinstalled windows office

I have already preinstalled office 2016. but after full reset of my device I cannot activate my office. I have not any product key in my outlook and gmail. how can I activate office 2016???

DEBGOPAL ROY, Aug 28, 2019
  3. albert1 Win User
    MS Office 2016 installation problems

Ok tried to re-install MS Office 2016 a second time and now it runs however each time I open a MS Office 2016 app such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.

I'm prompted with a message box that states.

How do you want to activate your software?

[x] I want to activate the software over the Internet (recommended)
    [ ] I want to activate the software by telephone

This product will remain unlicensed until you activate your product (Click help for more information)

If I select the first one "over the Internet" and click "Next"

I receive a message from the Activation Wizard

Your copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 cannot be activated because the specified Product Key has already been activated the maximum numbers of times permitted for your software license as specified in the Microsoft Software Terms. For details about the maximum allowed number of product activation, click help and then search for "Read the Microsoft Software License Terms".

If I select over the telephone it shows me

Step 1 a telephone number to call

Step 2. When prompted enter installation ID (with 9 set of number each consisting of 7 numbers)

Step 3 Enter confirmation ID here (empty boxes to enter confirmation ID

I would call the Microsoft telephone number 866-421-7141 however my cell phone doesn't have reception at my home location. I need to travel 12 miles north in order to send or receive calls.

albert1, Aug 28, 2019
  4. pavithran Win User

need help to activate a preinstalled version of MS Office 2016 home

Help with office 2016

"To register Adodb.dll in the GAC, follow these steps:
    • Click Start and then click Run.
    • In the Run dialog box, type the following command, and then click OK: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil /i C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\adodb.dll"

Typing the first command as mentioned in the site gets me this message. What do i do now??
    need help to activate a preinstalled version of MS Office 2016 home [​IMG]

pavithran, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

need help to activate a preinstalled version of MS Office 2016 home

1. need help to activate a preinstalled version of MS Office 2016 home - Similar Threads - need help activate

2. Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016: I have Office Home & Student 2016 and today I cannot save or print any Excel worksheet. Today at the top of the page it asks me to Activate 365. I don't use 365 & want to stay with my version. Does anyone else have an issue saving a file or printing a file ?...
  3. Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016: I have Office Home & Student 2016 and today I cannot save or print any Excel worksheet. Today at the top of the page it asks me to Activate 365. I don't use 365 & want to stay with my version. Does anyone else have an issue saving a file or printing a file ?...
  4. Need help on Mac with Office Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Office Home and Business 2016 Activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office Home and Business 2016 Activated: My father had a laptop at his office which had an activated office home and business 2016. He got a new laptop and decided to fully factory restore the old one and give it to my younger sibling(s) for schoolwork. Despite this, when going into word 2016 on the laptop it says...
  6. MS Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2016: Where can I download Office Pro Plus 2016. I Have it and have Key for it but takes a long time to download. want to have Disk Image of it. 140675
  7. Activation of preinstalled windows office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of preinstalled windows office: I have already preinstalled office 2016. but after full reset of my device I cannot activate my office. I have not any product key in my outlook and gmail. how can I activate office 2016???...
  8. New Office 2016 help needed

New Office 2016 help needed: Hi, I'm new and hope someone can help with some questions about my Office Professional Plus 2016 (64-bit) running on Windows 10 Professional Plus (64-bit). I was previously using Office 2010 and can't seem to find a way to make the documents display as they used to. My...
  9. Home Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Home Office 2016: I installed Home Office yesterday and it seemed to work, but there no desk top icons, also for the Power Point function. I have to list programs to find them and enable them. Is this normal?...
  10. Buying MS Office Home & Business 2016...

Buying MS Office Home & Business 2016...: Hi I'm in the process of configuring a new Win 10 laptop from Dell and buying the MS Office package from them seems a bit steep here in UK. I have found a few places online that sell the MS Office Home & Business package but have reservations due to possible...