Windows 10: Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command

Discus and support Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vishakha Bansal, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command

I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address.

example:

netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8 connectport=9000 protocol=tcp

But I want to create firewall rule which will route traffic coming from one user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and route it to the IP address already bounded to that user not to just random IP address. Means I want to insert userid somehwere in this command to get the traffic for that specific id.

expectation command should look like below:

netsh interface (userid) portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=ip connectport=9000 protocol=tcp

:)

Vishakha Bansal, Nov 27, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it

Hi 0bsSin

Close that firewall window

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

In the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this command and hit Enter:

netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=”dbd1”

When that command completes, close Command Prompt

Open the Firewall again and see if that rule is gone . . .

DaveM121, Nov 27, 2018
  3. 0bsSin Win User
    I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it

It worked Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command :) thank you so much

0bsSin, Nov 27, 2018
  4. SarahKong Win User

Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

How are you creating the rules through the user interface?

if so, it is not very trustworthy at all.

I use netsh cmd line to manage windows firewall.

So go to search and type command prompt and right click it and select run as administrator.

Type the following

netsh firewall show config

This will show you all ports blocked and allowed.

From there you can run a command like this to remove a blocked port.

netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=rule name protocol=udp localport=500

Below is a link with more netsh command to manage firewall.

Hope this helps and apologize so cmd line but it is the easiest way to do things in some situations.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/947709...

SarahKong, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command

1. Need help to create firewall rule for forwarder using netsh command - Similar Threads - Need help create

2. NETSH command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NETSH command: Playing around with the command as a utility to troubleshoot connectivity issues. Running this command gives a bunch of great info but I would like to have it save the html file to a specific path. Can't find info on doing that . Does anyone know ? netsh wlan show...
  3. How to use the Netsh Command to manage Windows Firewall (Basic Guide)

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the Netsh Command to manage Windows Firewall (Basic Guide): [ATTACH]Netsh or Network Shell is a command-line utility that helps IT admins configure and […] This article How to use the Netsh Command to manage Windows Firewall (Basic Guide) first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules: I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken. I installed Kaspersky within that time period and I think that might have something to do with it but its completely...
  5. Need help trying to add a firewall rule for an application...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help trying to add a firewall rule for an application...: I have been trying to get this to work for almost a week now and I'm not having any luck. And as I've mentioned before, I'm not that great at vbscript. When I step through the vb.net part of the code, it looks like it should work, but it's not. I could REALLY use some help...
  6. Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.

Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.: I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address. example: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8...
  7. NETSH Command - Help please

NETSH Command - Help please: Hi, I may have the wrong end of the stick here but I'm trying to assign my printer a static IP using NETSH. My printer does not allow this on the printer control panel. I have tried adding an exception in the router but this has been problematic. This is the command I'm...
  8. WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?

WIN10 Firewall Rules - found 70 different DNS Forwarding Rules? - VIRUS or?: Hello, while investigating a problem in Windows 10 - which is now solved and solution is unrelated to this question - I checked the list of Exceptions in the Windows Firewall. Among the many entries there are 70 different DNS Forwarding Rule - TCP -...
  9. Creating Firewall rules for windows apps

Creating Firewall rules for windows apps: Hey everyone, I am trying to find a solution to this issue I have been having for the last 2 weeks. I recently got a new internet line coming to my remote location and the bandwidth I get on this connection is less than 1mbps. I only got this connection to do some gaming as...
  10. Using netsh wlan commands not working

Using netsh wlan commands not working: Someone else's network keeps popping up in my list of networks in the Windows 10 Action Center. I've used a cmd prompt and followed all instructions for using "netsh wlan" commands to deny all (and then allow my own network to show, but the network I blocked still keeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. help i cant create firewall rule