Windows 10: Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused...

Discus and support Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem had almost plagued me for a month now, and I still had yet to get a conclusion on my situation. This is my 3rd time writing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OrdinaryW10User, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused...

This problem had almost plagued me for a month now, and I still had yet to get a conclusion on my situation. This is my 3rd time writing to answers.microsoft.com, and I really hope this time I can get a conclusion to the problem I am facing. I am very frustrated physiologically as I need to deal with this useless problem that I don't even had expertise to debug while I am working on last few weeks of semester of study.

The situation that I had faced is not able to be reproduced consistently, but the minidump and reliability history told me something had happened. The cold start state of the computer will also indicate what happened. I also know the error happened when the power indicator light on the laptop was kept on long past minutes from when I put it into sleep mode, or even shut down. Restart is not affected. If I keep the laptop on all the time, the problem will not come up.

This device is a laptop, Acer Aspire V3-371-52KL support page here. This device is currently running Windows 10 Home Single Language 1909 18363.959, the Wi-Fi card is Intel AC-7265 came with the laptop. The Wi-Fi driver provided on the manufacturer support page is older than the driver provided by Windows upon OS installation so I can't install it. I'm currently on the latest available driver that was provided by Intel from their website

version 18.33.17.1. FYI, this Wi-Fi card has been discontinued by Intel from 31 Dec 2019.

For your reference how I got here, here are the previous 2 threads that records my situation.

Multi Errors of Hardware Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Please help.

Multi Errors of Hardware Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe

For minidump and memory dumps, it will be linked here, put into folder by date.

Thank you for those helping and assisting me. I hope that we can work towards a solution, be it changing a Wi-Fi card or other workarounds.

:)

OrdinaryW10User, Aug 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 4, 2020
  3. wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused...

Wi-fi issue

Hi Galin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We are will surely help you with the issue.

I suggest you to run the below troubleshooter and check.

Run the build-in network troubleshooter

Follow the steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the Network Adapter.

• Click on Next to perform the Network Adapter troubleshooter and follow the steps.
    Note: Refer the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/wi-fi-sense-faq

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused...

1. Need help to determine if it's driver or real hardware issue for the Wi-Fi card that caused... - Similar Threads - Need help determine

2. Wi-Fi card issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi card issue: Hi I have an Asus Tuf Gaming laptop with windows 11 and all updates installed. My problem is my wi-fi card keeps disabling intermittently even after uninstalling and re-installing the drivers. Any help pls?...
  3. Wi-Fi card issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi card issue: Hi I have an Asus Tuf Gaming laptop with windows 11 and all updates installed. My problem is my wi-fi card keeps disabling intermittently even after uninstalling and re-installing the drivers. Any help pls?...
  4. I need help with my Wi-Fi driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Wi-Fi driver: My WiFi is constantly every 30mins disconnecting and not showing any available networks. After troubleshooting it seems IntelR Wi-fi 6AX201 driver cannot start/is not working and is causing the issue code 10. Wi-Fi networks are not the issue, as other laptops have consistent...
  5. I need help with my Wi-Fi driver

I need help with my Wi-Fi driver: My WiFi is constantly every 30mins disconnecting and not showing any available networks. After troubleshooting it seems IntelR Wi-fi 6AX201 driver cannot start/is not working and is causing the issue code 10. Wi-Fi networks are not the issue, as other laptops have consistent...
  6. I need help with my Wi-Fi driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error: Earlier I was just playing a not very intensive game and the screen went black then rebooted. I have some basic ideas of what it is or could be but I figured people here might be able to interpret the error better than me and my copy paste into Google.The computer has...
  8. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error: Earlier I was just playing a not very intensive game and the screen went black then rebooted. I have some basic ideas of what it is or could be but I figured people here might be able to interpret the error better than me and my copy paste into Google.The computer has...
  9. Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.: Hello,A few days ago, i updated to Windows 11. Everything works fine except for the task manager. Whenever i start it, its not refreshing at all, in none of the tabs Process, Performance, details. The refresh rate is set to normal, but nothing is refreshing. Task manager...
  10. Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.

Wi-Fi Card causing task manager to not refresh.: Hello,A few days ago, i updated to Windows 11. Everything works fine except for the task manager. Whenever i start it, its not refreshing at all, in none of the tabs Process, Performance, details. The refresh rate is set to normal, but nothing is refreshing. Task manager...