Windows 10: Need Help To Get My 256 GB USB Stick Back

Discus and support Need Help To Get My 256 GB USB Stick Back in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Apparently I've made a serious mistake here. Did a Macrium Reflect Rescue Media and a Back-Up to this 256 GB Flash Drive. That exercise took over a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wiley Coyote, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Need Help To Get My 256 GB USB Stick Back

Apparently I've made a serious mistake here. Did a Macrium Reflect Rescue Media and a Back-Up to this 256 GB Flash Drive. That exercise took over a half hour for what used to take less than 20 minutes. Didn't realize process reformatted it to FAT32. Tried Disk Management to deal with getting me back to NTFS and the 256 GB capacity. I blew that and right now it won't even format. I really need this thing as a hedge against tomorrow's expected WU. Where do I go from here? Help! Appreciate your time, thanks.

Need Help To Get My 256 GB USB Stick Back [​IMG]

Keep in mind, if I knew what I'm doing I wouldn't have done this in the first place.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Feb 11, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 11, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Mach Xtreme Introduces FX 256 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Mach Xtreme Technology Inc., a worldwide leader in top performance, high reliability and user-friendly designed PC components, adds 256GB model to expanding FX USB3.0 flash drives series today. This addition will join existing 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB models.

With its advanced reliability and spacious capacity, the FX 256 GB USB Flash Drive gives user easy and fast way to transfer and back-up large files. MX-FX models are compliant with next-generation USB 3.0 specifications and are optimized for newer PCs with USB 3.0 ports. The extensive compatibility testing ensures complete compatibility with ASUS mainboards and notebooks, offering consumers full USB 3.0 usability.

Need Help To Get My 256 GB USB Stick Back 48a_thm.jpg

MX-FX 256 GB is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 for efficient data transfer rates. The MX-FX 256 GB flash drive delivers best-in-class read and write speeds clocking in at up to 300 MB/s read and 185 MB/s write along with its ultra compact size (78 x 27 x 9.3mm). Mach Xtreme FX flash drives come also in 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB flavors.

MX-FX Series USB 3.0 256 GB at A Glance:
    • USB 3.0 Interface
    • MLC NAND flash technology
    • Max. Read Performance up to 300 MB/s (256GB)
    • Max. Write Performance up to 185 MB/s (256GB)
    • Shock- and vibration-resistant
    • Compact and easy to carry: 78 mm x 27.0 mm x 9.3 mm
    • Capacity: 256 GB (MXUB3MFX-256G)
    • Warranty: 3 Years
    For more information, visit the product page.

btarunr, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Need Help To Get My 256 GB USB Stick Back

USB sticks not recognized...sometimes...Help?

Hi,

To better understand why this happens, please answer the following questions:

• Did this start to happen after installing updates on your computer?
    • Does the USB stick work when you plug it to another device?
    • Do you get any errors when you connect the USB stick to your computer?
    Let's try to run the troubleshooter available on this
    page
    while your USB stick is connected to the computer. It will tell you if it detects anything and automatically correct it.

Let us know if you have questions.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Need Help To Get My 256 GB USB Stick Back

1. Need Help To Get My 256 GB USB Stick Back - Similar Threads - Need Help 256

2. 500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???: Is is safe to delete this file? idk why this file are very large even my SSD only 256 GB but this file fill up more than 500 GB insinde my 256 GB SSD ? but whyy? anyone can explain i dont understand...
  3. 500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    500 GB folder are insidne my 256 GB SSD, is that posible???: Is is safe to delete this file? idk why this file are very large even my SSD only 256 GB but this file fill up more than 500 GB insinde my 256 GB SSD ? but whyy? anyone can explain i dont understand...
  4. Help with almost unusable usb stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with almost unusable usb stick: Hi there. I have a kingston 32gb thumb drive. I tried to install windows on it with rufus and it became read only. It switched to RAW and is write protected. I can't do anything neither from AOMEI partition assistant or diskpart. I already tried "attributes disk clear...
  5. Help with almost unusable usb stick

Help with almost unusable usb stick: Hi there. I have a kingston 32gb thumb drive. I tried to install windows on it with rufus and it became read only. It switched to RAW and is write protected. I can't do anything neither from AOMEI partition assistant or diskpart. I already tried "attributes disk clear...
  6. Running out of 256 GB SSD Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running out of 256 GB SSD Space: Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorHP Omen 25L Desktop GT12-0xxxAMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz, 16.0 GB RAMWestern Digital 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD with 44.3 GB Free I want to clone or make a duplicate copy of everything...
  7. Running out of 256 GB SSD Space

Running out of 256 GB SSD Space: Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorHP Omen 25L Desktop GT12-0xxxAMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz, 16.0 GB RAMWestern Digital 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD with 44.3 GB Free I want to clone or make a duplicate copy of everything...
  8. I need help getting my normal account back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help getting my normal account back: I did a update on the 14th of this month and when I logged in today It signed me in a temporary account. I tried the restarting and going to admin mode and other stuff so what do I do....
  9. Need help cant get back into my conputer!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help cant get back into my conputer!: Can’t get to desktop So i was running windows on my Macbook with bootcamp and couldnt start some apps because of an error so i looked it up and was told to download Microsoft c++ (64) and (86). But after restarting i got a bluescreen that tells me: Your device ran into a...
  10. Windows 10 shows 512 Gb SSD disk as 256 Gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 shows 512 Gb SSD disk as 256 Gb: I have a Lenovo laptop with SanDisk 512 Gb SSD that came with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro. The disk P/N as shown by both the Lenovo utility and Device Manager corresponds to the 512 Gb model. The Lenovo utility and diskpart show the disk as having 512 Gb capacity well,...