Windows 10: Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive

Discus and support Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My desktop Dell Inspiron PC failed last week. It wouldn't boot up BIOS. Nothing could bring it back to life. I pulled the hard-drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gary_S_1943, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive

Hello,

My desktop Dell Inspiron PC failed last week. It wouldn't boot up BIOS. Nothing could bring it back to life.

I pulled the hard-drive from it, and have connected an SATA cable to it, and there's a USB to the new PC.

Is it possible to recover any data from this drive, using the new PC I have now ?

I DO regular back-ups. A back-up was done, about 2 weeks before the old PC died. In that 2-week period, I put new data into Outlook about new doctors on my medical team + the results of several tests, etc..... I'd really like to get that Outlook data. Plus, it also has info about my Physical Therapy and Therapist.

Do I risk getting the new PC infected from viruses & malware on the Drive ?

If I can securely access the Drive, will I get just a raw dump of its contents ?

How do I "filter" the data to find what I'm seeking ?

Any help is much appreciated,

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Sep 24, 2019

2. recovering data possible dead hard drive

Hello, @victorm294!

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your accident with the WD HDD.
    I'd still advise to try that WD drive on another PC just in case, and see if it will get detected there, or if it even spins up. You also mentioned you checked all connections, but did you try connecting the WD drive with a different SATA cable?

If none of these worked, then recovering your data might be a lot more difficult. *Frown Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive :(
    I'd suggest to turn to a professional data recovery, it also won't hurt to try what @RCoon suggested. However I'm not sure it's going to work, if the drive doesn't even spin up.
    Data recovery companies are costly indeed, but if your files are that important, I'm not sure you have any other choice.
    If the drive doesn't even spin up, we are most probably facing a physical damage from the power surge. This means you won't be able to fix it yourself. HDD physical repairs require a clean environment and technical knowledge of the HDD's structure and components.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with such a company and explain your situation, hopefully the repair will be affordable. Here's a list of all our data recovery partners worldwide: http://goo.gl/kkn4Vs

Just a tip: This is exactly why we recommend keeping backups offsite as well, power surges/system failures can result in such unpleasant situations. :/

I hope this helps you!
    And if you need further assistance or more information,
    I'd suggest to contact our tech support:
    http://goo.gl/BXehMx

Good luck, @victorm294!

P.S. Thank you for notifying me, @RCoon! *Smile Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive :)

SuperSoph_WD, Sep 24, 2019
  3. solaris needs serious help with recovering data

How do you know that the CD's on his hard drive are not copies of his lifelong collection of purchased discs placed into one collection? *Wink Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive ;)

Temps_Riising, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive

Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive

1. Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive - Similar Threads - Need help recover

2. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  3. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  4. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive: Hi! I have a circa-2008 WD MyBook 1 TB SATA external hard drive that was being used for backup. It got dropped and now I can't access the drive. I've removed the drive from the case and put it into a USB drive dock. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't see it. Device Manager...
  5. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive: Hi! I have a circa-2008 WD MyBook 1 TB SATA external hard drive that was being used for backup. It got dropped and now I can't access the drive. I've removed the drive from the case and put it into a USB drive dock. Windows 10 File Explorer doesn't see it. Device Manager...
  6. Trying to Recover Data From Damaged Old Hard Drive

7. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  8. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  9. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

10. How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive

How to recover data from an old laptop hard drive: I have a 2008 apple hard drive from an old macbook. I am trying to recover the files with my new laptop windows 10, however the hard drive seems to be password protected. I can open the hard drive but I cannot access the folders within the ''Users'' folder. Any suggestions?...