Windows 10: Need help to resolve a "Microsoft .NET Framework" error. Says Unhandled exception occured...

Discus and support Need help to resolve a "Microsoft .NET Framework" error. Says Unhandled exception occured... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What does this mean? How do I fix it? "Microsoft .NET Framework" error: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JF9800, Nov 10, 2020.

1. JF9800 Win User

Need help to resolve a "Microsoft .NET Framework" error. Says Unhandled exception occured...

What does this mean? How do I fix it?

"Microsoft .NET Framework" error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid XML document. The document does not have a root element.

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.SaveString filename

at HPSSFUpdater.UpgradeUpdater.IsUpdateNeeded

at HPSSFUpdater.View.MainWindow._bgWorker_DoWorkObject sender, DoWorkEventArgs e

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWorkDoWorkEventArgs e

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStartObject argument

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

HPSSFUpdater

Assembly Version: 8.11.0.1

Win32 Version: 8.11.0.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20x86/Hewlett-Packard/HP%20Support%20Solutions/Modules/HPSSFUpdater.exe

System

Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

WindowsBase

Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

HP.SSF.Config

Assembly Version: 3.6.6.0

Win32 Version: 3.6.6.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20x86/Hewlett-Packard/HP%20Support%20Solutions/Modules/UpdaterTemp/HPSSFUpdater/HP.SSF.Config1.dll

HP.SupportFramework.Common

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.14.49.15

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/HP.SupportFramework.Common/8.0.0.0__41bdec5abf54f6dc/HP.SupportFramework.Common.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time JIT debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer machine.config must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

:)

JF9800, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

Microsoft .Net Framework error "Unhandled exception has occured"

Hi Manas,

This error message "Unhandled exception has occured" can be received if the Microsoft .NET Framework component is not installed on your computer, outdated or if it is damaged. To sort this concern, kindly follow the steps provided by
    Pavan1709 on this
    link

For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 10, 2020
  3. NET framework unhandled exception has occurred in your application

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Which build version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand your concern, "Microsoft .NET Framework: Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application..." this error usually occurs if the Microsoft .NET Framework components are not installed on your computer or if
    it is damaged. Let us try few troubleshooting methods to resolve this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Perform clean boot. Refer the article on

How to perform a clean boot in Windows 10
    for steps to perform clean boot.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to repair .NET Framework using the repair tool. Use the following link to access and use the repair tool for

.NET Framework

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 10, 2020
  4. SlimeNian Win User

Need help to resolve a "Microsoft .NET Framework" error. Says Unhandled exception occured...

Error in visual studio 2015: An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in deveenv.exe[7876]

Hello,

This morning when I was planning on doing some programming, I opened Visual Studio. Just after few seconds a window popped up saying, that Visual Studio has stopped working. So I clicked the button "Find solutions" and it gave me a window saying the error:

An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in devenv.exe [7876]

If anyone knows how to fix it will be very happy.

Thanks

~Slime

Original title: I get an error in visual studio 2015: An unhandled Microsoft .NET Framework exception occurred in deveenv.exe[7876]

SlimeNian, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help to resolve a "Microsoft .NET Framework" error. Says Unhandled exception occured... - Similar Threads - Need help resolve

2. Unhandled Exception has Occurred in Microsoft .NET Framework Input string was not in a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unhandled Exception has Occurred in Microsoft .NET Framework Input string was not in a...: I am taking this error for a gameSee the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at...
  3. How do I resolve this "an unhandled exception of microsoft .net framework exception...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I resolve this "an unhandled exception of microsoft .net framework exception...: I keep getting that error message whenever I boot up windows ever since I installed visual studio and Its still popping up after re installation...
  4. How do I resolve this "an unhandled exception of microsoft .net framework exception...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve this "an unhandled exception of microsoft .net framework exception...: I keep getting that error message whenever I boot up windows ever since I installed visual studio and Its still popping up after re installation...
  5. Microsoft .NET Framework unhandled exception has occured.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft .NET Framework unhandled exception has occured.: I was trying to open a game of mine when I got the message "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue." I pressed continue but nothing happened. How can I stop this from happening?...
  6. .net framework unhandled exception error.

.net framework unhandled exception error.: Hey! I'm getting an "unhandled exception han occured in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit, the application will close immediately" after booting my laptop. I have checked to see if...
  7. Unhandled Exception Microsoft NET framework

Unhandled Exception Microsoft NET framework: This thing keeps popping up whenever I boot up, does anyone know how to get rid of it? Thanks[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unhandled-exception-microsoft-net-framework/22063a74-ec7e-40b9-875f-1a2647ab45ee
  8. MS .NET Framework Error: Unhandled exception has occured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS .NET Framework Error: Unhandled exception has occured: Hello Everyone, I have an issue with Microsoft .NET Framework, Every single time i get this popup "Unhandled exception had occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ifnore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application...
  9. Unhandled exception - Microsoft .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unhandled exception - Microsoft .NET Framework: Recently, I purchased a game (Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back, specifically) and after having this issue with it, and attempting to fix it in various ways, I think the issues lies with Windows or the computer being used, rather than the game. The issue being, whenever I try...
  10. microsoft .net framework unhandled exception

microsoft .net framework unhandled exception: im having this error when ever im trying to use a movie making tool for one of the games i play, and its getting annoying as the main feature i wanna use causes this. so hopefully you can help me out, here are the details to the crash and a screenshot of the error message:...