Windows 10: need help to run a scan

Discus and support need help to run a scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; need you too check my computer for me to make surethat its running good... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by victorchirico, Nov 4, 2018.

1. need help to run a scan

need you too check my computer for me to make surethat its running good

:)

victorchirico, Nov 4, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 4, 2018
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Nov 4, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

need help to run a scan

Laptop mouse pad works for a little bit after restarting the computer and about 30 sec later it stops responding, any help would be appreciated?

Thank you for the additional details.

We suggest that you try to perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and see if
    there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the Device and Sound Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring or fix any corrupted files. To run the
    DISM tool, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

need help to run a scan

1. need help to run a scan - Similar Threads - need help run

2. need help with fixing the run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with fixing the run as admin: I was messing around in gpedit and in local policies, the most bottom folder and the most bottom selection in the bottom folder, i pressed enable and now when i try to run anything with admin user and password it wont show the option to insert admin user and password and...
  3. need help with fixing the run as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with fixing the run as admin: I was messing around in gpedit and in local policies, the most bottom folder and the most bottom selection in the bottom folder, i pressed enable and now when i try to run anything with admin user and password it wont show the option to insert admin user and password and...
  4. Need help with windows full scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with windows full scan: I recently tried to install driver pack solution because my driver's were out of date. Windows antivirus said this was a big threat and I removed it. I did a quick scan and a scan of the drive with my windows and drivers and it came clean. I have 2 other drives (a 1tb and a...
  5. Need help with Windows Fax and Scan please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with Windows Fax and Scan please: Just installed a new SSD. Previously used Vuescan, but despite having the 'pay once, use forever' version of Vuescan, every time I need to reinstall it or have a problem with it, it starts to put a watermark on everything I scan. I am getting fed up of having to email and...
  6. Need help with Windows Fax and Scan please

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with Windows Fax and Scan please: Just installed a new SSD. Previously used Vuescan, but despite having the 'pay once, use forever' version of Vuescan, every time I need to reinstall it or have a problem with it, it starts to put a watermark on everything I scan. I am getting fed up of having to email and...
  7. Need to run a scan with Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to run a scan with Windows Defender?: I tried to run a scan on my computer and wasn't able. I got this message: The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation....
  8. need help with windows 10 fax and scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    need help with windows 10 fax and scan: Windows fax and scan program will not send it only receives faxes... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-10-fax-and-scan/c212c920-cb90-4cc3-98c7-c1cbeaef794b
  9. ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run

ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run: I'm unfamiliar with ffmpeg but I wanted to check the integrity of a video file since it may not have completed downloading correctly. The general advice everywhere online is to use ffmpeg with this syntax: [path to ffmpeg.exe executable] -v error -i [path to video file] -f...
  10. need help with scanning

need help with scanning: help scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_scan3d-win_start3d/need-help-with-scanning/2d1758ac-fc04-453a-9978-caa48f045edb