Windows 10: Need help to setup windows 10

Discus and support Need help to setup windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Acer Aspire V3 (originally bought with Win 8). Few weeks ago I updated it to Windows 10 and now Windows 10 is working fine (even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by style master, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Need help to setup windows 10

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire V3 (originally bought with Win 8).
    Few weeks ago I updated it to Windows 10 and now Windows 10 is working fine (even if slowly).
    I want to format my hard drive and setup again Windows 10 (the classic setup, not just an update... so yes, I will loose all of my files).
    I've downloaded the MediaCreationTool, and already setup a bootable usb with Win10.
    Now comes the questions:
    1) Should I change the BOOT mode from UEFI to Legacy in order to setup Windows 10? (right now is UEFI)
    2) In the attachment you can see the partitions that I have. Can someone guide me to the formatting? The partitions are too much for my knowledge and I don't want to make stupid mistakes.
    I'm a noob so sorry for this post.
    Thank you

:)

style master, Jul 15, 2017

2. Need Help to setup remote drive

why no remote drive in belle?

AnupTheRaskal, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Need Help to setup remote drive

Hi,

I want to setup a remotedrive in my C6-01 using WebDAV. I want to access my computers hard drive via my phones file manager. I have created WebDAV server in my Laptop. I have access to those files stored on my hard drive in my laptop vis phones web browser.
    Even I can connect to the new drive. but I can not access or even see them through File manager. Can any one please help me setting this up.

AnupTheRaskal, Jul 15, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User
  5. It says nothing about the partitions, I can look on internet too. I'm looking for a help by someone that works for my case

style master, Jul 15, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    13. If Installing Windows 10 with UEFI
    A) Delete all partitions/volumes on the Drive # (ex: Drive 0) that you want to install Windows 10 with UEFI on until that Drive # shows as unallocated space. (see screenshot below)

Eagle51, Jul 15, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Careful. If any partitions contain valuable data, OP should back up data first.

cereberus, Jul 15, 2017
  8. Need help to setup windows 10

There is no need to turn off Secure Boot, there are rare instances where it needs to be turned off, but for most, just leave it on. Windows 10 install media has the files needed for Secure Boot. I don't ever turn it off when doing a UEFI install.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Need help to setup windows 10

1. Need help to setup windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need help setup

2. I need help with understanding of these paragraph for windows family setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with understanding of these paragraph for windows family setup: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/set-up-family-in-windows-10In the above link, this website is separated into three sections1 How to set up Family Accounts on Windows 112 Set Up Family Accounts on Windows 103 How do I set up family control on Windows 11/10?What I want to ask is...
  3. I need help with understanding of these paragraph for windows family setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with understanding of these paragraph for windows family setup: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/set-up-family-in-windows-10In the above link, this website is separated into three sections1 How to set up Family Accounts on Windows 112 Set Up Family Accounts on Windows 103 How do I set up family control on Windows 11/10?What I want to ask is...
  4. I need help with understanding of these paragraph for windows family setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help with Windows 10 Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with Windows 10 Setup: Trying to fresh install Windows 10 from my old Windows 7[IMG] What screen I get when I select upgrade: [IMG] [IMG] What screens I get after I select Custom: says Windows cant be installed on both drives...
  6. Need help with my 5.1 setup.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with my 5.1 setup.: Hey all! I haven't had full 5.1 on my PC in over 4 years, and its driving me crazy. At one point I thought it was because of the Windows Preview Program, but it's still not working. Specs Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 Monitor: Samsung...
  7. Need to recover Windows 10 setup files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to recover Windows 10 setup files?: Running Windows 10 Home (version 1803, build 17134.523) on my desktop HP. I also subscribe to Avast Internet Security and Avast Cleanup Premium. I think I did something with ACP that has screwed up Windows ability to install updates. Twice now, while trying to install the...
  8. setup loop windows 10 HELP!

setup loop windows 10 HELP!: i reset windows 10 all went fine except im stuck in a loop on the welcome setup page i complete everything and it starts over to the begining again there is an error message something went wrong OOBEZBD try again or skip this warning message shows up randomly OOBEWELCOME...
  9. major homepage, browser and email setup help needed

in Browsers and Email
    major homepage, browser and email setup help needed: Using Edge, Mail linked to ATT. (Post written for by wife. has lost numerous cognitive abilities after suffering a stroke so I am trying to help. loves his pc and tablet but things are currently a mess. Our pc was hacked and money fraud email sent out from our all...
  10. Help needed for windows 10 setup

Help needed for windows 10 setup: Hi guys, Just tried installing Windows 10, I got through all the first part where it said it was copying my files and installing the os. I then got a blank screen for about half an hour solid so I thought it would be a problem with my machine so I powered it down and turned...