Windows 10: Need help to understand virtual whatever

Discus and support Need help to understand virtual whatever in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Don't know if I'm in some twilight zone or what.. But installing latest Windows 10 offline with USB and deleting everything+clean install on dell PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zaxxxx, Nov 23, 2020.

1. /u/Zaxxxx Win User

Need help to understand virtual whatever

Don't know if I'm in some twilight zone or what..

But installing latest Windows 10 offline with USB and deleting everything+clean install on dell PC from 2011..

How is possible that I'm not able to open device manager??? Can't connect to virtual network .. ?????

Anything about that for dummies ? Also, clean everything and install... Is there option to choose where to install.. It's only one hard drive in PC... But did I miss to choose it somehow... ??

submitted by /u/Zaxxxx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zaxxxx, Nov 23, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Need help to understand virtual whatever

increasing virtual memory/Windows not activated

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting that your Windows is not activated and is your Windows activated?
    • Are you not able to get into Settings in Windows?
    • Are you trying to increase the virtual memory?
    • Are you getting any error message or code regarding the memory issues?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Need help to understand virtual whatever

1. Need help to understand virtual whatever - Similar Threads - Need help understand

2. Debugging BOSD and need help understanding bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Debugging BOSD and need help understanding bug: ******************************************************************************** ** &nbs...
  3. Need help understanding system backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help understanding system backup: I really have no knowledge of this but I want to make sure I get it right. This is what I understand so far. Please correct me 1. Installing the macrium reflect in the laptop 2. Run the programme to make a clone. What is the image making option though? 3. Backup and save 4....
  4. Need help understanding digital license

Need help understanding digital license: A few years ago I got a laptop with Windows 10 Pro then a few months ago I got an old PC from a friend. On said PC I signed into my Microsoft account. In the Activation section of Update & Security, both computers say that Windows 10 Pro is installed with the message:...
  5. Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need Help Understanding Backups with Macrium: I've spent countless hours trying to research this so I can understand it and I'm still having issues. If I use software such as Macrium, I can clone my C drive to an SSD so that if my C drive were to fail, I could pop in the SSD and that's it. It's basically like nothing...
  6. Constant BlueScreens - Need help understanding the cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BlueScreens - Need help understanding the cause: Hello, So for the past few weeks, I've been having BSODs. I built my PC myself about 10 months ago, all the parts are new and everything was fine for a long time. About a month back I started having a BSOD here and there so I started investigating. This is my rig: OS: Win 10...
  7. Need help to understand WinDbg Preview Analysis

Need help to understand WinDbg Preview Analysis: Hi, Could you please help me to investigate the issue below? When trying to sign out from Cisco Jabber application, click doesn't work or it takes time kind of application freezing issue. I took full dump on Jabber and use WinDbg Preview to analyse this problem....
  8. Need help understanding a crash report

Need help understanding a crash report: I've never used these online forums before and I'm not sure how to go about asking for help but my windows has been crashing a lot lately and I have updated all my drivers, factory reset the system, and I think i may have a faulty cpu or motherboard. To my knowledge I have...
  9. Need help removing Mcafee or whatever it's called

Need help removing Mcafee or whatever it's called: As the title suggests, i just need a way to remove the darn software off my computer. Whenever I open my computer, connect to the internet or just randomly, it'll start updating itself saying "it'll take roughly 20 minutes". Thing is that it doesn't download for shit! I idle...
  10. Need help understanding Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help understanding Disk Management: [img] This is from my Dell Tablet. What are all the Disk 0 Partitions? They are all showing empty. Can I delete them to free up more disk space? 101214