Windows 10: Need Help to Uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall windows 7

Discus and support Need Help to Uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've tried to work with the windows 10 upgrade for couple of years now but find that my system is getting slower and slower no matter how much I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Y-Phy, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Y-Phy Win User

Need Help to Uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall windows 7

I've tried to work with the windows 10 upgrade for couple of years now but find that my system is getting slower and slower no matter how much I remove/clean out in attempts to clear space. So I've decided that I just need to go back to Windows 7 because it is taking too long to get anything done.

Please help,

Y-Phy

:)

Y-Phy, Jan 8, 2019

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Need Help to Uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall windows 7 - Similar Threads - Need Help Uninstall

2. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall: My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be...
  3. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall: My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be...
  4. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. need help reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help reinstalling windows 10: hey guys i was about to reinitialize my windows 10 and the electricity shut down and now it giving me error when i try to reinitialize it again i decided to reinstall windows 10 if i do it will i need another windows 10 key ? what to chose in mediacreation tool UPDATE or...
  6. Need help uninstalling windows 10

Need help uninstalling windows 10: I sat with a Microsoft tech and my windows ten is stuck with an error code that he and I couldn’t fix after hours of messages and different ways to try. Is there a way to uninstall windows with out using the rest pc button. Something without that button or pretty much...
  7. need help reinstalling windows 10

need help reinstalling windows 10: my pc fucked up and i need to reinstall windows 10. nothing on the BSOD works, can i reinstall it without a CD or USB drive? submitted by /u/Ayuyuyunia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fa10qu/need_help_reinstalling_windows_10/
  8. Need help reinstalling windows 10

Need help reinstalling windows 10: A week ago I made a thread in which I said I installed Linux on my laptop and I was switching back to windows. Well, I tried doing it today and... this proved to be way more difficult than I thought it'd be. Booting a USB is easy with the tool Microsoft gives you. Only one...
  9. Windows 10 reinstall help needed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reinstall help needed.: Ok guys. I've got a friends computer here. It was so ravaged by a virus I had to format the drive and reinstall. That being said, I downloaded Windows 10 Home from Microsofts site, burnt the ISO to a dvd and installed. I skipped the key part, because I assumed it'd just...
  10. Help needed to reinstall Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help needed to reinstall Windows 10.: Hi guys, I have some questions about clean installing Windows 10. Basically I am trying to get around having to download Windows 10, burn it to cd, and reinstall. Can I use reset feature to clean install Windows 10? Will this give me a completely clean image to work from?...