Windows 10: Need help to use headphones

Discus and support Need help to use headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home. Previously, I was able to use headphones by connecting the male plug into the female headphones jack. However, one day it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dean Welch, May 25, 2019.

1. Need help to use headphones

I have Windows 10 Home. Previously, I was able to use headphones by connecting the male plug into the female headphones jack. However, one day it stopped working, and it happened right around the time I got a new monitor (but that could be a coincidence). I don't know of any other reasons this could happen other than a software upgrade or the new monitor. When I had the old monitor, it was working. This seems like a software issue, not a hardware issue to me. The sound icon in the system tray in the lower right corner has a red "X" beside it and when I run the troubleshooter, it will say that my headphones or speakers do not appear to be plugged in, even when they are.

Any help on this would be appreciatedNeed help to use headphones :).

:)

Dean Welch, May 25, 2019

2. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, May 25, 2019
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, May 25, 2019
  4. Need help to use headphones

Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Need help to use headphones

1. Need help to use headphones - Similar Threads - Need help headphones

2. Headphone Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Help: When I plugged in my headphones today, I accidentally chose "line in" instead of "headphones". Now after searching the web I can't find a fix, can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-help/df826229-ba2e-4b88-b0ae-7a42889260b0
  3. Headphone Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Help: When I plugged in my headphones today, I accidentally chose "line in" instead of "headphones". Now after searching the web I can't find a fix, can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-help/df826229-ba2e-4b88-b0ae-7a42889260b0
  4. my headphones suddenly didn't work, help needed!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headphones suddenly didn't work, help needed!: Hello, I need some help regarding my headphones not working alongside my laptop.I was watching something on my laptop and my headphones traditional cabled apple ones suddenly cut out, the audio continuing to play via the speaker which ,obviously, is not normal and I tried...
  5. my headphones suddenly didn't work, help needed!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones suddenly didn't work, help needed!: Hello, I need some help regarding my headphones not working alongside my laptop.I was watching something on my laptop and my headphones traditional cabled apple ones suddenly cut out, the audio continuing to play via the speaker which ,obviously, is not normal and I tried...
  6. Need help with audio output from headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with audio output from headphones: while my speakers work fine, when I plug in my headphones theres no sound emitting from them, I have tried reinstalling drivers, and restarting the laptop but nothing fixes it. I have tried various methods, but maybe something that is worth mentioning is that I tried updating...
  7. Need help with realtek, headphones recognized as speakers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with realtek, headphones recognized as speakers.: Just got myself some headphones, but the sound is very low. I searched around and found some things out. However i am very stuck with this problem. My headphones seems to be recognized as speakers rather than headphones. Inside realtek audio manager i am unable change to...
  8. Need help “unbalancing” headphone volume

Need help “unbalancing” headphone volume: I connected an old pair of beats wireless headphones to my laptop and realized that the left side is louder than the right. Every time I try to change the balance on the sound output, the left synchronized with the right. How do I stop this from happening so that I can make...
  9. Need Help with Audio (Headphones)

Need Help with Audio (Headphones): Hello, I need help with my headphones. I can't get them to work properly when I have them plugged into my computer. The microphone is working on the headset but the audio output in the speakers is not working. I had this problem about a week and a half ago. So, I bought a...
  10. Help with headphones

Help with headphones: I’m trying to connect headphones to my PC but whenever I plug them in it doesn’t register them as a connected device. What should I do? submitted by /u/jackack88 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/issjck/help_with_headphones/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Need assistance with headphone