Windows 10: Need help to write a batch file to update proxy settings in internet options

Discus and support Need help to write a batch file to update proxy settings in internet options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to go to Internet Options -> Connections Tab -> LAN Settings -> Enable "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox -> Click on "Advanced"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christopher Malapati, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Need help to write a batch file to update proxy settings in internet options

I want to go to Internet Options

-> Connections Tab

-> LAN Settings

-> Enable "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox

-> Click on "Advanced" button

-> Add my sites in Exceptions

-> Click OK -> OK -> OK.

Basically I want to turn on proxy with desired exceptions.

Can you help me write a batch file for this setting so that I can put it in Startup.

:)

Christopher Malapati, Feb 12, 2021

2. Which is the correct setting for Manual proxy setup?

Great to hear that you were able to resolve the issue when using Microsoft Edge. That is correct, by default the proxy settings are disabled unless you need it for a VPN or a specific application. As long as it does not affect the normal usage of your computer
    then it is ok to leave the setting as is. If you want to disable the proxy settings and stop it from automatically turning on, we suggest you follow the below steps to disable Proxy on Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app and then navigate to option
      Network & Internet then select Proxy.
    • Toggle the option Automatically detect settings to
      ON
    • Toggle the option Use a proxy server to OFF.

If the issue persists, kindly follow the steps on this
    link
    to reset the Internet Explorer settings and then try to disable the Proxy in Internet Explorer.

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Mark7805 Win User
    Forced proxy settings

Is there anyway to disable forced internet settings?

When I try and remove the settings they come right back after I close and reopen

My firefox runs fine but many apps on my computer are WRECKed right now. Steam for example I can't update my games or use the built in browser. Friends list still seems to stay up to date, but avatars aren't generated.

I can't access my LAN settings for proxies either.

I want to fix this without reformatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark7805, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Need help to write a batch file to update proxy settings in internet options

Unable to access internet connection with error: "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the internet connection on your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired or wireless internet connection?
    • What is the model of the network adapter you are using?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check for the internet options.

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons
    • Click on Internet Options, go to Connections tab, click on
      LAN Settings.
    • Make sure that Proxy Server is unchecked even if using Firefox.
    • Check settings in Firefox in Tools / Options /Advanced Connections / Settings (should be either use system proxy settings or no proxy).

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Step 3: Also, try to reset the Network Adapter and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Need help to write a batch file to update proxy settings in internet options

1. Need help to write a batch file to update proxy settings in internet options - Similar Threads - Need help write

2. Help with a batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with a batch file: I got the batch file to delete Skype-Setup.exe in the specified folder, but then it keeps repeating. Apparently I am missing something in the command.I didn't see anything relevant in forfiles /?C:\WINDOWS\system32>forfiles /P "C:\Users\Robert Allen...
  3. Help with a batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with a batch file: I got the batch file to delete Skype-Setup.exe in the specified folder, but then it keeps repeating. Apparently I am missing something in the command.I didn't see anything relevant in forfiles /?C:\WINDOWS\system32>forfiles /P "C:\Users\Robert Allen...
  4. Need help with batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with batch file: Hi all, I need a batch file to do the following: If this is the first time the batch is run: Do command one If this is the second, third or fourth time the batch is run: Do command two If this is the fifth time the batch is run: Do command three Start all over again as if the...
  5. Need help to create a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help to create a batch file: Hi Folks, I need to create a batch file that automatically takes permissions & delete the following file & folders File:- C:\Windows\System32\SecurityHealthSystray.exe Folders:-...
  6. Batch File help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Batch File help!: I'm trying to run a batch file that scans the network for a set IP range. When I run the commands individually through command prompt they work just fine. I've saved the txt file as both a .cmd, and .bat. I've also ran both as administrator, as well as navigating to the...
  7. Need batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need batch file help: I want to create a script to start a game at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe and wait one minute and then open an existing batch file at E:\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAV Hardcore.bat What do I have to add to the following? start /b "" "E:\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe" start...
  8. Help needed writing batch script!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed writing batch script!: Firstly thank you for even clicking on this thread as I understand that this probably isn't meant to be here. The scenario is that I'm trying to write a script that incorporates the result of a ping to an IP and then based on the result do different things. Here is an...
  9. Batch File Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File Help: I've never dabbled much in batch files, as I've usually been able to find pre-made ones to do what I wanted. We have an application that handles user data backups. It has three services, and at times, one or two of the three don't start automatically. If you stop and start...
  10. Need help with batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with batch file: No serious Batch file or scripting experience, so bear with me. We use a site for our business that has to run on IE and has to have the cache cleared a certain way sometimes for it to function. We have to go IE options, uncheck delete history on exit - go to delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. batch my proxy