Windows 10: Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation...

Discus and support Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I'm trying to move Windows 10 Pro digital license connected to Microsoft account, from an old PC to a new PC,This was the slmgr -dlv results for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gabriel Stephanus, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation...

Hello,I'm trying to move Windows 10 Pro digital license connected to Microsoft account, from an old PC to a new PC,This was the slmgr -dlv results for the old PC license.However, the problem was that I have followed several ways to remove this license from the old PC, but never managed to do so.1. In the Old PC: I tried the Command Prompt as administrator slmgr -upk, to uninstall the product key, Reset the PC fully remove all account info, unlink Microsoft Account from the Old PC. After all the work, however the Activation bar still says "Windows is activated with a digital license". After

:)

Gabriel Stephanus, Nov 6, 2022

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 6, 2022
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC build

I have built a new PC and I am trying to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license from my existing PC to the new one. Unfortunately, the license is not activating properly. I have deactivated the previous license by running the command "slmgr /upk" in an elevated
    (Run as Administrator) command prompt.

I can see that the license is now deactivated given the fact that the old PC is now asking me to activate. I still cannot, however, activate the license on the new PC. The original license was a Windows 7 Home Edition license that I had upgraded to Windows
    10 Pro for free over the past few years. I am unable to use that original license as it's for a Home Edition license and not a Pro. I was, however, allowed to upgrade to Pro when Microsoft was offering the free upgrades. I also transferred the license to my
    Microsoft Account, so I do not have a product key associated with Windows 10 Pro.

My plan is to transfer the SSD and HDDs in the old PC to the new and not use the old PC. I am unable, however, to activate the new PC. Any help would be much appreciated.

digiSweetness, Nov 6, 2022
  4. gerykogan Win User

Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation...

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC

Hello guys, I have a problem activating Windows pro with digital license.

Let me explain, I upgraded my pc now and a week ago I upgraded Windows from home to pro on my old PC

through Microsoft apps store.

So I installed Windows without a product key(i have key to home edition only) on my new PC,

in hope that as soon as I get into my Microsoft account i will be able to

activate my windows through digital license.

i getting an error 0xC004F213 . in troubleshoot i choose "i changed hardware on this device recently " and i get :

"We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the Microsoft account you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device
    or try again later. See other devices linked to your Microsoft account"

guys I tried everything to log in/out Microsoft account ,erase the old PC and others device from the listed of devices and left only the new PC on the Microsoft account and nothing . help me please ?

gerykogan, Nov 6, 2022
Thema:

Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation...

1. Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation... - Similar Threads - Need help transferring

2. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro: I have recently upgraded my pc and I used the same drive to install windows on the new pc, so I have no access to the old windows installlation. On my old PC I activated windows using a digitial license and so I tried activating windows on the new pc using the digital...
  3. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro: I have recently upgraded my pc and I used the same drive to install windows on the new pc, so I have no access to the old windows installlation. On my old PC I activated windows using a digitial license and so I tried activating windows on the new pc using the digital...
  4. Activate digital license on a new pc with no access to the old pc windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation...: Hello,I'm trying to move Windows 10 Pro digital license connected to Microsoft account, from an old PC to a new PC,This was the slmgr -dlv results for the old PC license.However, the problem was that I have followed several ways to remove this license from the old PC, but...
  6. Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation...

Need help transferring a Windows 10 Pro digital license from old PC to a new PC Activation...: Hello,I'm trying to move Windows 10 Pro digital license connected to Microsoft account, from an old PC to a new PC,This was the slmgr -dlv results for the old PC license.However, the problem was that I have followed several ways to remove this license from the old PC, but...
  7. Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc: I have deactivated the digital license from old pc installed the new windows version to my new pc . I log in my microsoft acc and in my new pc its still showing not activated. Even if i run pc audit it shows my l25 character license key entered . As soon as i rest old pc or...
  8. Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc

Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc: I have deactivated the digital license from old pc installed the new windows version to my new pc . I log in my microsoft acc and in my new pc its still showing not activated. Even if i run pc audit it shows my l25 character license key entered . As soon as i rest old pc or...
  9. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC: I upgraded my previous computer to Windows 10 Pro via a digital license purchased from the Windows Store. Unfortunately, that computer was quite literally fried during an electrical storm last month - the technicians who I took it to said it was not cost effective to repair...