Windows 10: Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar

Discus and support Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello! As seen in the above two pictures, my file explorer address bar is currently malfunctioning. Occasionally it will work fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pin ErnOng, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar

Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar e7a99d67-9d7c-4db9-940f-e972b43fe5cf?upload=true.png Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar 45776fdf-46b9-4032-9daf-558398ca0e15?upload=true.png

Hello! As seen in the above two pictures, my file explorer address bar is currently malfunctioning.

Occasionally it will work fine, but acts up without any particular trigger. I have already checked to make sure programs are up to date, also done a malware scan.

Also used sfc/scannow and the DISM commands, but both returned with no issues found, though the bar is still blacked out and/or compressed and unusable.

Separately, I'm not sure if it's related, ctrl v for paste doesn't work all the time in my browser. Oddly, control x for cut does, but I'm not sure about control c since paste doesn't work. Would any of these problems be related to one another?

Thanks for reading, would be grateful for any other possible fixes.

:)

Pin ErnOng, Mar 4, 2020

2. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 4, 2020
  3. No home icon , no printer icon. also other icons such as address bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to home icon and printer icon in Microsoft Edge or File explorer?
    • Are you referring Address bar in Windows File Explorer or any other app/program?
    For getting Printer icon, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 4, 2020
  4. sturpe Win User

Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar

1. Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar - Similar Threads - Need help troubleshooting

2. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  3. File Explorer Address Bar Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Address Bar Missing: I just recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I noticed that the address bar is missing whenever I try to upload a file, I've tried to look in the options and found nothing that could change it. The File Explorer address missing...
  4. File Explorer Address Bar small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Address Bar small: Somehow the address bar in my file explorer became smaller than usual, is there a way to return it back to normal?Just to be clear, I'm not asking to change the width between the search bar and address bar, only the height of the address bar.Thanks in advance....
  5. File Explorer Address Bar small

File Explorer Address Bar small: Somehow the address bar in my file explorer became smaller than usual, is there a way to return it back to normal?Just to be clear, I'm not asking to change the width between the search bar and address bar, only the height of the address bar.Thanks in advance....
  6. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs: Is there any way to get the breadcrumb list to show more than 19 items - a setting somewhere, or in the registry?I'm tired of scrolling all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-address-bar-breadcrumbs/36f0d176-4052-45c0-bb36-912a0e1982a0
  7. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs: Is there any way to get the breadcrumb list to show more than 19 items - a setting somewhere, or in the registry?I'm tired of scrolling all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-address-bar-breadcrumbs/36f0d176-4052-45c0-bb36-912a0e1982a0
  8. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

9. Windows File Explorer Address Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Address Bar: I'm currently having a problem with my windows file explorer. As you can see in the image, the address bar is black. I would like to to revert to its original color but I don't know how. [ATTACH]...
  10. Using the file explorer address bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Using the file explorer address bar: I typed an entry incorrectly into the File Explorer address bar and it gave me a dropdown menu underneath giving me the option to search for it so I selected to search for it (in the address bar not the Search box on the far right). I then got a Windows Security window which...