Windows 10: Need help turning of pen flicks, Pen and touch settings unavailable

Discus and support Need help turning of pen flicks, Pen and touch settings unavailable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a graphic designer so I use a wacom tablet. However, there are these additional settings that you used to be able to turn off. The pen flicks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jwdesign, Jan 28, 2016.

1. jwdesign Win User

Need help turning of pen flicks, Pen and touch settings unavailable

Hi, I'm a graphic designer so I use a wacom tablet. However, there are these additional settings that you used to be able to turn off. The pen flicks interefers with my workflow. Every time I use it in photoshop or illustrator, the round circle pops up and it preforms a right-click instead. I want to disable this.

However, the issue is when I go to pen and touch settings I get an error message "Tablet and Pen Settings is unavailable. For Assistance, contact the manufacturer of your tablet computer. (error=0)".

There are a few other entries on google related to this but no resolution yet.

The wacom tablet is essential to my design workflow but if I cant use it, it's useless. Please Help!!!

:)

jwdesign, Jan 28, 2016

2. There are no "Pen options" and "Flicks" in Pen and Touch.

I didn't use stylus.

So, the "Pen options" and "Flicks" itmes are only for Pen using?

Once I use styuls, these items are added under Pen and Touch?

What kinds of stylus will support the "Pen options" and "Flicks" settings?

smallbottle25, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Pen flicks won't work at all for me after the fall update.

We appreciated your response. To further assist you, we'd like to know the troubleshooting steps you've done aside from the we've provided.

In the meantime, you may try the following these steps below to troubleshoot your concern:

• Open Control Panel > Mobile PC > Pen and Input Devices.
    • On the Flicks tab, make sure you have selected the check box next to
      Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily
    • Use your finger or Stylus Pen instead of your Mouse.
    • Click the Pen Flicks icon on the taskbar to view the active directions you have selected for Navigational Flicks.
    • Use the Touch or Pen Flick on an application to confirm that Touch or Stylus Pen Flicks are working.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 28, 2016
  4. jwdesign Win User

I managed to fix it by going to services.msc and turning off wacom tablet. uninstalling it and removing the wireless receiver, then I updated to the newest wacom driver and it allowed me to access pen and touch settings where I was able to turn off the tap and hold settings.

jwdesign, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Need help turning of pen flicks, Pen and touch settings unavailable - Similar Threads - Need help turning

2. The flicks tab from pen and touch doesn’t appear on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The flicks tab from pen and touch doesn’t appear on my computer: I tried everything, it is just not there. Please don’t answers me instructions on how to search it, I know what I am looking for, it is just not there....
  3. The flicks tab from pen and touch doesn’t appear on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The flicks tab from pen and touch doesn’t appear on my computer: I tried everything, it is just not there. Please don’t answers me instructions on how to search it, I know what I am looking for, it is just not there....
  4. Disable Flicks tab is missing from "Turn flicks on and off" pen setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Flicks tab is missing from "Turn flicks on and off" pen setting: These pen flicks keep messing up what I try to do. What should I do? How do I disable the Flick feature?I only have the Pen Options tab.Please help....
  5. Disable Flicks tab is missing from "Turn flicks on and off" pen setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Flicks tab is missing from "Turn flicks on and off" pen setting: These pen flicks keep messing up what I try to do. What should I do? How do I disable the Flick feature?I only have the Pen Options tab.Please help....
  6. pen and touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pen and touch: hello my name is ryan and yesterday i did and update on my computer and when it was done the touch screen function was uninstalled and i cant seam to find the driver anywhere on line. can some one help me out this laptop is in side of a truck and needs the touch screen...
  7. Pen and Touch Support

Pen and Touch Support: Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T540p and I would like to know if it has Pen and/or Touch support. In setting, I went to system to about then I saw Pen and touch: Touch support with two touch points. I would like to know if this means I have Pen and Touch support...
  8. 'Flicks' tab has missing from Pen & Touch Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Flicks' tab has missing from Pen & Touch Option: I am missing the Flicks Tab on a Windows 10 PC. The only tab options I have are Pen and Touch. I need to disable the flicks setting as they are making my online work very very difficult. I have searched and searched and not found any solution. I hope the updates in the...
  9. Unresponsive touch pen

Unresponsive touch pen: Hi.i have a winmate rugged tablet which i bought new a year and a half ago. About 2 months ago the pen stopped working. The touch screen still works perfectltso its not that. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance...
  10. touch pen not working

touch pen not working: Had a problem with ,the touch screen not working. Got that fixed but now the touch screen works but the pen does not. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks 69913

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pen flick settings

2. pen and touch settings unavailable