Windows 10: Need help turning off secure boot in Windows 10

Discus and support Need help turning off secure boot in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community I have watched every video I've possibly could about this but nothing helps I'm trying to turn off secure boot but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LeuvThe Explorer, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Need help turning off secure boot in Windows 10

Hi Microsoft Community

I have watched every video I've possibly could about this but nothing helps

I'm trying to turn off secure boot but the option is greyed out

As shown here: https://imgur.com/a/a8lvW8v - it says Secure Boot - Enabled but I can't select it using my arrow keys to disable it

I don't have the option to add a supervisor password either

Someone please come with a solution I've been desperately trying to fix this for hours long

Also: removing all keys under Key Management did not work

Any help is much appreciated

:)

LeuvThe Explorer, Mar 1, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Need help turning off secure boot in Windows 10

How do i turn on my windows security services on Windows 10.

Hi Edehomon,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if third party security has disabled Windows Defender services.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "windows security services are turned off", have you installed any third party security software on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to turn on Windows Defender by following steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar?

2. Type "Settings" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then click on Update & security.

4. Click on Windows Defender.

5. Then try to turn on the Windows Defender services.

Note: If a third party security software is installed on the computer, then it will disable Windows Defender.

Please get back to us with an update on turning on Windows Security services with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Need help turning off secure boot in Windows 10

1. Need help turning off secure boot in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need help turning

2. window security turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window security turn off: Window Security turn off and some issue face.Antivirus no Providers. Firewall no Providers. Web Providers no Providers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-turn-off/84635842-62aa-470c-a7d9-f9bfa1d048de
  3. window security turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window security turn off: Window Security turn off and some issue face.Antivirus no Providers. Firewall no Providers. Web Providers no Providers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-security-turn-off/84635842-62aa-470c-a7d9-f9bfa1d048de
  4. window security turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Security turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security turned off: By Mistake my windows security turned off by me.What can i do for this??Please help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-turned-off/59851a47-fbcf-433a-8038-e7c294f4dc29
  6. Windows Security turned off

Windows Security turned off: By Mistake my windows security turned off by me.What can i do for this??Please help me.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-turned-off/59851a47-fbcf-433a-8038-e7c294f4dc29
  7. Need Help turning off bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help turning off bitlocker: I've tried and tried to turn off bitlocker but it won't turn off. I feel like I accidentally start it on with no way to unencrypt it. what do I do? it isn't appearing as an option to turn off bitlocker in controll panel. Anybody have any advice?...
  8. Need Help turning off bitlocker

Need Help turning off bitlocker: I've tried and tried to turn off bitlocker but it won't turn off. I feel like I accidentally start it on with no way to unencrypt it. what do I do? it isn't appearing as an option to turn off bitlocker in controll panel. Anybody have any advice?...
  9. I NEED to turn off Windows security!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I NEED to turn off Windows security!!!: Please I want to get rid of it if possible, I need it disabled.I tried installing a different antivirus so it would turn off the windows defender, but it's still running.It interferes with everything I do... Installing software im using for 5+ years it says its a virus, I try...
  10. Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning off secure boot/fast boot required?: As I get ready to do a clean install of 10074 I am curious about the need to disable secure boot and fast boot options. If I do disable secure boot do I need to enable legacy boot? I have had limited success with previous installs to a 2nd hard drive and the problems that...