Windows 10: Need help unloading uneccessary files after transfer

Discus and support Need help unloading uneccessary files after transfer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I successfully transferred the recommended files from my HP Pavillion Windows 7, to my new Acer (NITRO AN515-53) laptop Windows 10, using a transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ranefox, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Ranefox Win User

Need help unloading uneccessary files after transfer

I successfully transferred the recommended files from my HP Pavillion Windows 7, to my new Acer (NITRO AN515-53) laptop Windows 10, using a transfer cable. The transfer cable is called 'Plugable', by Bravura Software.

However, I have maxed out my only drive. Of 256 GB, I have 7GB available.

Although I successfully tranferred programs and files, too many programs were transferred unnecessarily.

My question is, what is the best way to remove the unnecessary files? (without the need to painstakingly go through each program, etc).

Thanks.

:)

Ranefox, Mar 13, 2019
  2. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Mar 13, 2019
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Need help unloading uneccessary files after transfer - Similar Threads - Need help unloading

2. New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff: Following starting position: I had a ssd hdd setup with the ssd being only 110 GB and (supposed) reserved for Windows. Now it's completly full to the point I can't open an excel file. I bought a new ssd a while ago which I want to install now. Two questions: is 110 GB enough...
  3. Transfering win 10 licence, help needed.

Transfering win 10 licence, help needed.: Hi, I know there are lots on guides online already, but I can't see one specific to my needs. So I built a new computer and installed windows 10 home, thinking that was my old version. I logged on with my Microsoft account thinking that would transfer the activation (I have...
  4. Need Help With Transferring

Need Help With Transferring: Hi! I have Ubuntu Linux currently installed on my PC witch is compatible for windows 10. I have a place where I am going to get my Windows 10 OS wicth will come as a code that I put in?? The description says something about an activation code and that its a single license....
  5. PLEASE HELP transfering files issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PLEASE HELP transfering files issue: Hello, I have been working on how to do this for 3 days now and still cant get it done. i am trying to move all my amazon music files off my iPhone 6+ and onto my iTunes account on my laptop running Win 10 Thanks in advance...
  6. Windows 10 transfer -need help

Windows 10 transfer -need help: I originally purchased a retail copy of Windows 8.1 years ago and was given the free upgrade to Windows 10. I build a new pc and was planning on transferring the license to the new pc but Microsoft is telling me that because I took the free upgrade I waived my ability to...
  7. Need help on transferring Windows 10 to new SSD

Need help on transferring Windows 10 to new SSD: Just bought a 500GB m.2 ssd to replace my current 128GB drive. I created an image of my 128GB m.2 SSD using Macrium reflect and it is already saved on my second hard drive (1tb HDD). My laptop only has 1 m.2 slot. How can I restore the image of the 128GB ssd to my 500GB ssd...
  8. Help with file transfer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with file transfer in Windows 10: A user deleted the Microsoft store, all the games, and the XBox bar from their profile, but they are still in the Administrator profile. How can I copy/restore those programs to the user profile?...
  9. Need help to transfer application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help to transfer application: Hello I have two microsoft accounts, and I would like to merge in one account. How can I transfer all my applications that I bought in my principal account? I want suppress my other account. Thx ***moved on english forum****...
  10. Need help transferring my Windows install to an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help transferring my Windows install to an SSD: Hey guys. So here's my situation: I have like 200gb worth of files on my current harddrive and I recently bought a 500gb SSD. I'd like to basically clone my Windows install and all of my files onto the new SSD. I researched how to do this and learned that a good thing to try...