Windows 10: Need help updating Win 10

Discus and support Need help updating Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All, This question is with regard to an Asus UX333F computer which I have had for about one year. (Do note that I am not a huge Windows 10 fan, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by groston, Jun 23, 2020.

1. groston Win User

Need help updating Win 10

All,

This question is with regard to an Asus UX333F computer which I have had for about one year. (Do note that I am not a huge Windows 10 fan, so part of the issue may be my mindset...)

The computer is currently running Windows 10, version 1809, installed on 22 June 2019. This is an older version of the OS and I would like to update it. Seems simple, but...

If I run PC settings then select Update & Security, the program instantly shuts itself down. I have also tried Control Panel->Windows Update, but have gotten the same response. So, this not working, I downloaded the latest version of Windows 10 onto a USB drive and booted from that, but was unable to install the update from there.

Bottom line - I am quite frustrated and need some help. What do you advise?

:)

groston, Jun 23, 2020

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jun 23, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Need help updating Win 10

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Need help updating Win 10

1. Need help updating Win 10 - Similar Threads - Need help updating

2. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help activating Win 10: I rienstalled windows. i input my windows key when I installed it. Now it is saying I dont have a windows key. I originally upgraded from win 7 ult, and should have had a digital key for win 10 pro associated with my account. I guess I dont now for some reason. I need help...
  3. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help activating Win 10: I rienstalled windows. i input my windows key when I installed it. Now it is saying I dont have a windows key. I originally upgraded from win 7 ult, and should have had a digital key for win 10 pro associated with my account. I guess I dont now for some reason. I need help...
  4. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help about installing Win 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help about installing Win 10.: I just bought USB and am downloading Win 10 atm. I forgot how to install system and I am watching some video rn and the guy goes to custom installation [the one where u only want to install windows] and he says to delete all partitions but he only has 1 which is his 1TB hard...
  6. I need help with installing Win 10

I need help with installing Win 10: I'm trying to install Win 10 on a blank pc and it will recognize the flash drive connected, but it won't recognize Win 10 downloaded on it. I have redownloaded Win 10 multiple times and tested it on the pc I have running currently and it works. Please help. USB has ~ 29 gb...
  7. I need some help with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need some help with win 10: Hello. I received some wonderful help from a person named Greg. I cannot seem to get back to him and I need further help. I want to switch my computer back to the Win 10 mode. Right now I have it in classic mode. That was my choice. I like the older version of windows...
  8. Need a help with the blue screen on Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need a help with the blue screen on Win 10: Dear team, I have been facing a blue screen a lot lately. I do not know what is the reason. I have followed the instructions described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d...
  9. Need Help With Stuck Win 10 Update

Need Help With Stuck Win 10 Update: [ATTACH] I've tried everything from: Running the Windows Update troubleshooter. Booting in Safe Mode and doing net stop stuff. Running the CMD as an administrator and doing the following:...
  10. after failed win 10 update need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after failed win 10 update need help: Yesterday I too had the win10 update failure. and I had the blue screen of death. after playing with this computer for several hours I finally got flustered and got a usb chip and reloaded win 10 but all my programs and files are in a folder marked old.win . Now my...