Windows 10: Need help upgrading my gaming/work station into a "battle station"

Discus and support Need help upgrading my gaming/work station into a "battle station" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm planning to get a secondary monitor but before I make purchases, I want to know if these are possible: A single computer with multiple workspace. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/neospygil, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Need help upgrading my gaming/work station into a "battle station"

I'm planning to get a secondary monitor but before I make purchases, I want to know if these are possible: A single computer with multiple workspace. I want multiple displays with their own input devices(keyboard, mice/touchscreen) but my main keyboard and mice can still select the applications on those screens.

Here are my use-cases

Game-mode - My main monitor is a 32" curve monitor with RX 5700 XT(if it matters). Most games will capture your mice and keyboard so if you want to check your cheat-sheet or some video tutorials, you have to press Alt+tab. I'm not sure but it is probably the same case if you have a secondary monitor. Moving your mouse cursor between screens will affect your response time when something happened in your game, specially when your two displays have different resolutions.

The last time I used a touchsreen monitor was 2005, and your touch was just moving your mouse cursor to that spot and performing a click. Now, there are lots of touchscreen monitors out there that can handle up to 10 fingers, and most likely Windows 10 will handle it differently.

Is it possible for the touchscreen perform the clicking/selection on that monitor without affecting/losing focus on your game on your main monitor? And can it have its own keyboard too if ever I need to search something or reply on chats but won't affect the applications on other screens? I will probably get a third monitor for other purposes and most likely another touchscreen if the things I mentioned above are possible.

Work-mode - I'm a software/web developer and aspiring game developer(if it matters). My IDE(integrated development environment)/dev tools are on my main screen, while testing my web app will be on my second or third monitor. Or probably looking at tutorial page/video on my secondary monitor while I'm trying out the code on my main screen.

Same with when I'm making 3D models(using Blender 3D, if it matters), tutorials are on my second monitor and rendering will probably be on my main screen or third monitor(if I got one).

All of these will use my main keyboard and mice on those screens, it will be a lot faster than using the dedicated mice/touchsreen and keyboard, I guess. But I can still use their dedicated touchscreen/mice and keyboard if I found that it is a lot easier/faster instead of dragging my mouse cursor to those screens.

But when developing games, things will change. On my main screen will be my IDE/dev tools while on the second monitor will be searches for sample codes or tutorial videos. Both will use my main keyboard and mice, but I can still use the touchscreen and keyboard on the secondary screen. On the third monitor, I'll run the game and using its dedicated mice and keyboard while debugging it on my main monitor or watching the resources it is using.

Is it possible to do this on Windows 10 natively or am I required to use third-party softwares? I'm using the Pro edition and just updated it a while ago.

submitted by /u/neospygil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/neospygil, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2020
  3. jackin Win User
    I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Need help upgrading my gaming/work station into a "battle station"

Forza Horizon 3 Groove station

Thank you for your response. To use Groove Music in Forza Horizon 3, you'll need to create a playlist from the Groove Music app to integrate it into the game. You may click on this

link
    for the steps on how to create a music playlist or a radio station for Groove on Windows 10.

However, if you are trying to access music from the Groove Music library, a Groove Music pass is required.

To select your Groove Music playlist on Forza Horizon 3, follow the steps below:

• While you are in the game, press the Menu button.
    • Select Settings, and then go to Audio.
    • Scroll down to the Groove Music Playlist option.
    • Choose your playlist.

Make sure to select the Groove Music radio station while you are playing the game so your music will start streaming.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Need help upgrading my gaming/work station into a "battle station"

1. Need help upgrading my gaming/work station into a "battle station" - Similar Threads - Need help upgrading

2. Assistance needed with email and work station setup with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance needed with email and work station setup with Windows 11: Hi - need someone to assist with e-mail and work station setup for Windows* Changed to a question* Original title: windows setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assistance-needed-with-email-and-work-station/eb45592c-c449-45ba-9e44-2947c9bae705
  3. Assistance needed with email and work station setup with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance needed with email and work station setup with Windows 11: Hi - need someone to assist with e-mail and work station setup for Windows* Changed to a question* Original title: windows setup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assistance-needed-with-email-and-work-station/eb45592c-c449-45ba-9e44-2947c9bae705
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  5. Docking Station

Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  6. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays not working with a docking station: I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?...
  8. docking station keyboad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  9. windows work station

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows work station: Is it only available with windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-work-station/248fab34-e33e-4e80-b944-322761adfab2
  10. Toshiba Service Station

Toshiba Service Station: I want Toshiba Service Station on my Laptop, and for some reason it won't install. It keeps saying my computer has not been modified. I don't know what that means. Below is the screenshot of what it is saying when I try to install Toshiba Service Station. [img] 72945