Windows 10: Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH

Discus and support Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to upload a zip file to my web server using SSH. The zip file is on my windows desktop and I'm already connected to the server and in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AshleyQuick, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH

I'm trying to upload a zip file to my web server using SSH. The zip file is on my windows desktop and I'm already connected to the server and in the directory in which the zip need to be uploaded. What is the command?

I realize I'm asking for help with unix commands but I thought someone from here might know.

:)

AshleyQuick, Nov 11, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Aquinus Win User

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 11, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH

Limit each person to what they can upload ?, well that's terrible after time as posted pics end up deleted and leave useful threads with missing pictures.

Or did it misunderstand point number 2.

AsRock, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH

1. Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH - Similar Threads - Need help Uploading

2. move the webserver to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    move the webserver to windows: I have a redhat server, that running apache , without database , the source code is http, css , .js , very simple website and .htpasswd_file for access control .I want to move the website to windows IIS server , would advise is it possible to do that , what application that I...
  3. move the webserver to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    move the webserver to windows: I have a redhat server, that running apache , without database , the source code is http, css , .js , very simple website and .htpasswd_file for access control .I want to move the website to windows IIS server , would advise is it possible to do that , what application that I...
  4. move the webserver to windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Using SSH Using Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using SSH Using Windows Terminal: Hey Everyone, I made a quick video showing how easy it is to setup a button on Windows Terminal to save SSH sessions. I hope you find it helpful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xfBpN9fHuM&feature=youtu.be submitted by /u/DevOps-Journey [link] [comments]...
  6. Onedrive Doesnt Fully Upload My Files - Need Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Doesnt Fully Upload My Files - Need Help: There are times when I upload files to Onedrive and days later they arent synced indicated by the blue swirly icon next to them in windows explorer. Not all just a few files. How do i make sure all my files are synced and fully uploaded? 147393
  7. Onedrive Doesnt Fully Upload My Files - Need Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive Doesnt Fully Upload My Files - Need Help: There are times when I upload files to Onedrive and days later they arent synced indicated by the blue swirly icon next to them in windows explorer. Not all just a few files. How do i make sure all my files are synced and fully uploaded? 147393
  8. Webserver not working

Webserver not working: First of all, sorry for my bad english. I have problem, I have installed XAMPP as webserver. one month ago I get notice from windows 10 that i must update. After update, unfortunately I can't access localhost as well, it always said ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. So, I install...
  9. Can’t upload files using file explorer

Can’t upload files using file explorer: I’m trying to upload a file to file.io but whenever I try to select the file in the file explorer that pops up, it literally opens the file instead of selecting the file and then uploading it....
  10. Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help Uploading file from windows to webserver using SSH: I'm trying to upload a zip file to my web server using SSH. The zip file is on my windows desktop and I'm already connected to the server and in the directory in which the zip need to be uploaded. What is the command? I realize I'm asking for help with unix commands but I...