Windows 10: Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot

Discus and support Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. So yesterday i got clean new laptop without an OS. It's Acer E5 574G So i installed win 10 pro X64 from install disk and i installed NFS Most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AivisLV123, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot

Hello. So yesterday i got clean new laptop without an OS. It's Acer E5 574G
    So i installed win 10 pro X64 from install disk and i installed NFS Most Wanted 2012 and everything was ok. All drivers working and it automaticaly used Intel HD on desktop apps and Nvidia Gforce 940M on fullscreen apps and most wanted ran 60FPS(Frames per second) on all high graphics...
    So today i turned up pc and it said this error message 0xc000000d error code.
    I want to fix this issue and i have question..
    Why?? It was clean install and laptop was perfectly new. I just bought it yesterday..
    I think windows 10 is another win Milennium.. Don't be rude at me.. It's just i got new pc and next day it shows error.. It's not normal Microsoft.. If i fix this issue and it keeps coming back... I'll buy windows 8.1 install cd *Biggrin

:)

AivisLV123, Aug 11, 2016

2. Fall Creators Update Issue

Thanks for the reply. My Ubuntu doesn't overwriten the MBR. It works perfectly alongside Windows for quite some time.

NguyễnĐức Anh, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Alex Ice Win User
    Downloading Win 10 & creating an USB bootable Win 10 MBR flash drive using Media Creation Tool .

Dave & Andre, I created stick with Media Creation Tool but I cannot download no ISO on my PC. I know that MBR is for oldest hdd and GPT for the newest but if we want dual boot Win 10 & Linux the MBR type is so useful in this case. That's why i want to
    create USB bootable Win 10 MBR flash drive. Dave, i can see that your C partition is NTFS but i don't know if is GPT or MBR style. I think if you use comand diskpart and select disk, in comand prompt you will be able to see if is MBR or GPT. Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot ;)

Alex Ice, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot

1. Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot - Similar Threads - Need help overwriten

2. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot boot into windows 10 need help?: our church has an dell computer upgraded from window 8.1 to windows 10 something happened power failure now we cannot boot into windows 10 need help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-into-windows-10-need-help/e352f4cd-2717-424d-9b89-6d49ee49cc56
  3. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot boot into windows 10 need help?: our church has an dell computer upgraded from window 8.1 to windows 10 something happened power failure now we cannot boot into windows 10 need help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-into-windows-10-need-help/e352f4cd-2717-424d-9b89-6d49ee49cc56
  4. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help updating Win 10

Need help updating Win 10: All, This question is with regard to an Asus UX333F computer which I have had for about one year. (Do note that I am not a huge Windows 10 fan, so part of the issue may be my mindset...) The computer is currently running Windows 10, version 1809, installed on 22 June 2019....
  6. Broken MBR Win 10 no disk

Broken MBR Win 10 no disk: Another computer has stopped working after a power cut. It is an HP Pavilion laptop, originally Win 8 but upgraded to Win 10. There is no installation disk. There is an mbr issue and it can't find the OS. What's the fix please?...
  7. Need Help moving from win 7 to win 10 on a dual boot computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help moving from win 7 to win 10 on a dual boot computer.: I am looking to move from windows 7 to windows 10 and would like to know if there is an easy way to move all my stuff from one OS to the other? I have both installed on my SSD but now that support is ending for win 7 I would like to move over to my win 10 install. submitted...
  8. Need help with MBR Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with MBR Please: Code: Ok So it looks Like i am always having trouble Booting back into windows so my main Problem that i suffer from is always not able to boot back to windows and at this time even system restore wont help can any one advice me on what to do and never mess up my MBR again...
  9. Dual boot win7/win10 MBR/UEFI problem, cannot reinstall Win 10 ISO

Dual boot win7/win10 MBR/UEFI problem, cannot reinstall Win 10 ISO: I've been an insider since FEB. Last ISO I installed was 10074. Since updating to 10240/rtm things have gotten buggy, apps don't function, can't update etc. I want to install the latest ISO on the 10240 oartition, but when I try I get, "Windows cannot be installed to this...
  10. Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT: I,m sorry if this has been posted before . I managed to secure erase my Samsung evo 850 m.2 250GB SSD then reinstalled windows using the official Microsoft tool . I don't know how but the disc is now MBR so wont allow me to use secure boot UEFI . I understand that the disc...