Windows 10: Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot

Discus and support Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. So yesterday i got clean new laptop without an OS. It's Acer E5 574G So i installed win 10 pro X64 from install disk and i installed NFS Most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AivisLV123, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot

Hello. So yesterday i got clean new laptop without an OS. It's Acer E5 574G
    So i installed win 10 pro X64 from install disk and i installed NFS Most Wanted 2012 and everything was ok. All drivers working and it automaticaly used Intel HD on desktop apps and Nvidia Gforce 940M on fullscreen apps and most wanted ran 60FPS(Frames per second) on all high graphics...
    So today i turned up pc and it said this error message 0xc000000d error code.
    I want to fix this issue and i have question..
    Why?? It was clean install and laptop was perfectly new. I just bought it yesterday..
    I think windows 10 is another win Milennium.. Don't be rude at me.. It's just i got new pc and next day it shows error.. It's not normal Microsoft.. If i fix this issue and it keeps coming back... I'll buy windows 8.1 install cd *Biggrin

:)

AivisLV123, Aug 11, 2016

2. Fall Creators Update Issue

Thanks for the reply. My Ubuntu doesn't overwriten the MBR. It works perfectly alongside Windows for quite some time.

NguyễnĐức Anh, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Alex Ice Win User
    Downloading Win 10 & creating an USB bootable Win 10 MBR flash drive using Media Creation Tool .

Dave & Andre, I created stick with Media Creation Tool but I cannot download no ISO on my PC. I know that MBR is for oldest hdd and GPT for the newest but if we want dual boot Win 10 & Linux the MBR type is so useful in this case. That's why i want to
    create USB bootable Win 10 MBR flash drive. Dave, i can see that your C partition is NTFS but i don't know if is GPT or MBR style. I think if you use comand diskpart and select disk, in comand prompt you will be able to see if is MBR or GPT. Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot ;)

Alex Ice, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot

1. Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot - Similar Threads - Need help overwriten

2. mbr to gpt help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mbr to gpt help: till now my partition was gpt uefi bios but with rufus I had to create with ntfs as iso was 4200mb and I had to select other os in bios instead of uefi now my all partitions are ntfs in ssd I have 3 drives now if I use uefi usb iso will all drives be converted to gpt...
  3. Need help with MBR Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with MBR Please: Code: Ok So it looks Like i am always having trouble Booting back into windows so my main Problem that i suffer from is always not able to boot back to windows and at this time even system restore wont help can any one advice me on what to do and never mess up my MBR again...
  4. HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP! Cannot boot Remix OS.: Let me start the story. I have 2 harddisks. One is 1TB and other is 80GB. 1 TB has 2 partitions, C 465GB, E 465GB. 80 GB is D Drive. I was hoping to install remix os. I could easily install it in C Drive along with Windows 7. But, to make it more manageable I thought I...
  5. Cannot boot or reinstall win 10 64bit

Cannot boot or reinstall win 10 64bit: My laptop DELL Inspiron 3542 worked perfectly with windows 10 64bit but suddenly it wont boot, it stuck on windows logo boot loop, i thought it might be just a boot issue if i user windows repair it would solve the problem but i found also i cannot boot from the USB stick or...
  6. Fixed Win 10 but have slight problem booting (Need help please)

Fixed Win 10 but have slight problem booting (Need help please): I thank everyone for the tutorials that helped me install Win 10 and get it working. My problem is I have Win 8.1 Pro on a Samsung EVO SSD T-1. I went out and bought a Samsung 225 gig SSD HDD to install Win 10. I downloaded the Win 7 ISO and it worked perfectly. When I first...
  7. Dual boot win7/win10 MBR/UEFI problem, cannot reinstall Win 10 ISO

Dual boot win7/win10 MBR/UEFI problem, cannot reinstall Win 10 ISO: I've been an insider since FEB. Last ISO I installed was 10074. Since updating to 10240/rtm things have gotten buggy, apps don't function, can't update etc. I want to install the latest ISO on the 10240 oartition, but when I try I get, "Windows cannot be installed to this...
  8. Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT: I,m sorry if this has been posted before . I managed to secure erase my Samsung evo 850 m.2 250GB SSD then reinstalled windows using the official Microsoft tool . I don't know how but the disc is now MBR so wont allow me to use secure boot UEFI . I understand that the disc...
  9. Need help booting!!

Need help booting!!: The laptop i was putting Windows 10 on to had a partition with Linux distro on it and once the Windows 10 install was done I went back in and deleted the partition and formatted it. But! I forgot to set the Windows partition as the active partition and now when I try to boot...
  10. Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.: Trying to help a friend fix a sick laptop. It will not boot to Windows 10. I keep getting the blue screen with the message that a boot disk could not be found. The hard drive is still in working order and the files are still accessible through booting to LINUX on a pen drive....