Windows 10: Need help. Windows 10 “Windows can’t sign into your account” - I think permissions got...

Discus and support Need help. Windows 10 “Windows can’t sign into your account” - I think permissions got... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I ran a pretty standard Windows update automatically, I think on the same day a little bit later I logged into the guest account (my PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/creative-mode, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Need help. Windows 10 “Windows can’t sign into your account” - I think permissions got...

Yesterday I ran a pretty standard Windows update automatically, I think on the same day a little bit later I logged into the guest account (my PC, Windows 10 has two accounts. Admin and a public guest) and from the guest account I wanted to temporarily access a file that was only on the admin. So I opened that admin account, typed in admin password... and instead of opening the file quickly it was taking a long time and I had a feeling it was changing all the permissions. All I wanted was one simple file so I clicked cancel.

Well, today rolls around and I try logging into admin and all the sudden after typing in my password it’s “preparing Windows”. It opens the admin user and nothing is there, like a fresh install and it says “we can’t log into your account”.

I google this and run in safe mode, stuff is there and it seems normal. Run Malwarebytes, no threats. Turn off safe mode and it still won’t open. I get to advanced boot and do a “boot system repair” but before I could begin it says “we need to sign in as an admin to continue but we couldn’t find any administrator profile on your computer” so there was nothing to select and repair. Wtf??

I’m a notice. If you can help me, please explain to me like I’m 5. I guess I could click system recovery but I’ve never used that before, no idea how it works or if I lose files saved after X date.

Please help Need help. Windows 10 “Windows can’t sign into your account” - I think permissions got... :(

Edit: here are a few things I’ve tried. Going to that same folder I tried to access, and making sure it says full access for the admin account, it does say full access. Tried troubleshooting no help. I have not run a restore but somebody told me that’s not really for permissions issues. I did notice in my users folder there are now some weird temporary folders I don’t recognize like “Temp.desktop-“ and some other letters.

submitted by /u/creative-mode
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/creative-mode, Nov 14, 2019
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Need help. Windows 10 “Windows can’t sign into your account” - I think permissions got...

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Need help. Windows 10 “Windows can’t sign into your account” - I think permissions got...

1. Need help. Windows 10 “Windows can’t sign into your account” - I think permissions got... - Similar Threads - Need help “Windows

2. I GOT HACKED AND I CAN’T SIGN IN TO MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I GOT HACKED AND I CAN’T SIGN IN TO MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT: I was looking in my pc then i restarted it , when its turned on and i tried to sign in it gives me two accounts to sign in , the first one is my main administrator account and the second was added after the restart , when i want to sign in to my administrator account it do...
  3. I GOT HACKED AND I CAN’T SIGN IN TO MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I GOT HACKED AND I CAN’T SIGN IN TO MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT: I was looking in my pc then i restarted it , when its turned on and i tried to sign in it gives me two accounts to sign in , the first one is my main administrator account and the second was added after the restart , when i want to sign in to my administrator account it do...
  4. I GOT HACKED AND I CAN’T SIGN IN TO MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help with we can't sign into your account windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with we can't sign into your account windows 10: I decided last night I was gonna change my user path name on my pc. I changed it via registry and rebooted my pc to apply changes. Upon restarting I was greeted with “we can't sign into your account windows 10” now my pc is currently stuck within a temporary user. I tried...
  6. Help with we can't sign into your account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with we can't sign into your account windows 10: I decided last night I was gonna change my user path name on my pc. I changed it via registry and rebooted my pc to apply changes. Upon restarting I was greeted with “we can't sign into your account windows 10” now my pc is currently stuck within a temporary user. I tried...
  7. “We can’t sign into your account” Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “We can’t sign into your account” Windows 11: I just got a new HP Spectre x360 13. I’ve only had it for a few weeks. I started noticing some fuzziness occurring randomly when I would write with the touchscreen. I brought up the task manager and it also glitched so I figured there was a deeper issue.My solution was to...
  8. “We can’t sign into your account” Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “We can’t sign into your account” Windows 11: I just got a new HP Spectre x360 13. I’ve only had it for a few weeks. I started noticing some fuzziness occurring randomly when I would write with the touchscreen. I brought up the task manager and it also glitched so I figured there was a deeper issue.My solution was to...
  9. Booting into Windows, “We can’t sign into your account”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting into Windows, “We can’t sign into your account”: So I messed up pretty bad. I just merged a partition with my os partition so I could have room to dual boot with Linux as well. After my computer restarted everything was working fine. I started the Linux installation from a usb drive but had to cancel it, and when I went...
  10. I seriously think i got scammed. I need help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I seriously think i got scammed. I need help: Ok so my problem is I think I got scammed. I got a call from an 800 number I didnt answer but they left a message they said they noticed illegal activities on my computer/account I didn't do anything and i got scared so i called them back they saif my computer had a Trojan...