Windows 10: Need Help - Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failures

Discus and support Need Help - Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here are my error logs: https://mega.nz/folder/DVoijB4Y#P5S3dIpKrx_-BGJstxiMjg I have an unusual situation, but one that I am hoping someone can help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win10Newbie9000, May 4, 2021.

1. Need Help - Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failures

Here are my error logs: https://mega.nz/folder/DVoijB4Y#P5S3dIpKrx_-BGJstxiMjg I have an unusual situation, but one that I am hoping someone can help me with. My pc has multiple hard disks. Each one has a power switch that can be operated when the system is powered off to select which will boot. Only one disk is powered on at a time. All of the hardware and OS are the same. In other words, I have one monitor, one printer, one motherboard, etc. All of my disks are 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA III drives. Most are from Seagate. All of the OS's are Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, same key/license etc. The only difference from one drive to another is the assortment of software. For example, one has Office 2016 Home and Business, another has Office 2000 Pro, another Office 2010 Home and Business, etc. I have sucessfully loaded Windows 10 as an Upgrade onto 3 of my 7 drives. I am trying to load it onto drive number 4. So far, it always fails after reaching 100%. (Oddly, there are no reboots attempted before 100%. The other 3 did actually reboot a few times before reaching 100%.) Instead of rebooting and continuing, it just get the error window "Windows 10 Setup: Windows 10 Installation has failed." I have tried switching from DVD-R with ISO on it to USB Flash and also tried online upgrade. I have tried disconnecting from internet by removing the RJ-45 plug / cable. I have tried asking for updates and also not asking for updates. I have turned off my printer and everything else attached. I have updated Windows 7 with Windows Update until there are no more updates to update. I have manually updated Windows 7 Servicing Stack from Windows Catalog till there are no more updates for this feature. I have adjusted partitions to make sure that there is 512 MB of unallocated space between partition C and partition E so that Win 10 can create its recovery partition. I have made sure both C and E primary partitions (both on same hard disk) have loads of freespace. I have run chkdsk /f /r /x on both partitions. C completed with no errors, E ran until it was checking freespace and I stopped it because I would have to have grandchildren to see it finish. I used Paragon Hard Disk Manager Advanced 17.20 to "fix" crosslinked files on C and E. I don't know if there really are any or if it really fixed anything. I removed every startup program except my audio driver. I removed any non-essential programs. There may be more things I tried. It has become a blur at this point. I cannot fathom why this one drive will not upgrade when the 3 others before worked perfectly and seamlessly. Help please. Someone knowledgable, please look at my logfiles and tell me if there is any clue in them. I do not know how to interpret them or what to do next. TIA

:)

Win10Newbie9000, May 4, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 5, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 5, 2021
  4. Need Help - Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failures

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Need Help - Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failures

1. Need Help - Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failures - Similar Threads - Need Help Upgrade

2. Need Help with Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 11 failure 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 11 failure 0x80004005: I have tried upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11 many times without success. I upgraded my PC to an ASUS Z590-E MB, cloned my HD to an SSD. I am running Windows 10, it is activated, and I am now trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I have run the troubleshooter, deleted temporary...
  3. Need Help with Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 11 failure 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help with Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 11 failure 0x80004005: I have tried upgrading Windows 10 to Windows 11 many times without success. I upgraded my PC to an ASUS Z590-E MB, cloned my HD to an SSD. I am running Windows 10, it is activated, and I am now trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I have run the troubleshooter, deleted temporary...
  4. Need Help with Windows 10 upgrade to Windows 11 failure 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Failure Trying to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10

Failure Trying to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10: My computer is running windows 7 ultimate , 32 bit, and I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, with the option to retain all my files and apps. At every attempt the installation fails and delivers an error code 0x-C19100101 - 0x30018. I found that this error USUALLY...
  6. Help with windows 7 to windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with windows 7 to windows 10 upgrade: I work for a organisation that has recently undergone rapid expansion I'm part of the IT crew of this organisation and I've been asked to figure a way of updating all the computers that are currently running windows 7 to windows 10 from the one location can anybody help with...
  7. Need help upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help upgrading from windows 7: [ATTACH] So I have an old computer that I wanted to upgrade to windows 10 and everything was going smoothly until it freezes on a percentage with the loading circle not moving at all so in the end i had to force shut down the pc which leads to it undoing the changes and...
  8. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failure

Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failure: Hello all, I am trying to upgrade a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 1903 using the Media Creation Tool as an In-Place Upgrade. The upgrade always fails at 30% with the same error every time. 2019-10-24 11:35:22, Error InstallSecurityTemplate:...
  9. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failure

Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade Failure: Hello all, I am trying to upgrade a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 1903 using the Media Creation Tool as an In-Place Upgrade. The upgrade always fails at 30% with the same error every time. 2019-10-24 11:35:22, Error InstallSecurityTemplate:...
  10. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 7 to 10 upgrade failure: Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my current Windows 7 pc. I have a USB iso boot. However no matter what I do it gets stuck on the logo screen with spinning dots. In safe mode it gets stuck on logo screen without dots. I think doing a clean install is best for me...