Windows 10: Need help with a zip file error

Discus and support Need help with a zip file error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm having problems with a zip file. I've been trying to solve this for 3 days now, but couldn't do much. A couple days ago i had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _Samm_, Nov 15, 2020.

1. _Samm_ Win User

Need help with a zip file error

Hello.​

I'm having problems with a zip file. I've been trying to solve this for 3 days now, but couldn't do much.​

A couple days ago i had some pictures i had to put on a usb flash drive, i wanted to store them. The usb drive wasn't empty, it had zip files with pictures from 4 months ago. When i plugged the flash drive in my laptop, everything was fine, the files were intact, but after copying the pictures that i had to upload , one of the zip files was not there anymore. It was not hidden, and i dont remember deleting it, i just couldn't find it...

I downloaded a usb file recovery software, I found the zip file and downloaded it. The problem is that i can not open it. When i click on the file it says "The compressed zip folder 'file name' is invalid." I then tried to open the file with WinRar but i get the "Archive is either unknown format or damaged" error... I opened winrar, selected the zip file and clicked on 'repair'. Winrar did repair my file, I was able to open it but... the zip file had something else in there, not my pictures that were supposed to be there.. it has some data that i also have stored on my usb flash months ago... ​

I still cant open the zip file, I can only open the version that winrar 'repaired'​

Before losing it, the zip was 1.9 gb , after Winrar repaired it , it still has 1.9 gb but completely different content, none of my pictures are there.. ​

I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes, im not that good at english.​

If you have any idea what happened,or what i can do, or maybe where to find more help, i would be thankful!​

:)

_Samm_, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Need help with a zip file error

1. Need help with a zip file error - Similar Threads - Need help zip

2. NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP: Hello, I lost the capacity to open a ZIP file after my computer experienced an OS failure. The computer was repaired by GeekSquad but no more ZIP opening capacity. I have Windows 10 and when the repair was completed Geek gave me the flash driver used in the repair process. I...
  3. NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP: Hello, I lost the capacity to open a ZIP file after my computer experienced an OS failure. The computer was repaired by GeekSquad but no more ZIP opening capacity. I have Windows 10 and when the repair was completed Geek gave me the flash driver used in the repair process. I...
  4. NEED TO OPEN FILES WITH ZIP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Error uploading and zipping .dmp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error uploading and zipping .dmp files: Hello,Recently, I've been encountering a lot of issues trying to upload .dmp files, as I have been getting a lot of BSODs while playing games like Valorant or CSGO.I've tried uploading them to OneDrive, but it would just say 'Your browser does not support folder upload' or...
  6. Error uploading and zipping .dmp files

Error uploading and zipping .dmp files: Hello,Recently, I've been encountering a lot of issues trying to upload .dmp files, as I have been getting a lot of BSODs while playing games like Valorant or CSGO.I've tried uploading them to OneDrive, but it would just say 'Your browser does not support folder upload' or...
  7. Zipped files help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zipped files help: When it comes to downloading things I’m not able to open them because they are zipped files, and since I built a pc for the first time it never came with an unzipped program, what program can you recommend? submitted by /u/_JmartinezJ_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  9. Help with extracting a zipped file!

Help with extracting a zipped file!: Because I had a folder downloaded on my PC. And when I was going to extract the zipped file downloaded, thru the file explorer, I'm surprised that the menu for extracting the files wouldn't highlight. So I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Here is the image: [ATTACH]...
  10. Need help to download and install apps that are zipped

Need help to download and install apps that are zipped: Need help to download and install Win 10 apps that are zipped. Can't find simple instructions anywhere. Photo Filtre is example of app I want that is zipped PhotoFiltre Studio - Download 33840