Windows 10: Need help with an external keyboard

Discus and support Need help with an external keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I use an external keyboard whenever I'm using my laptop, because I find it easier to use when I'm playing games and such. The keyboard that I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ploov, Dec 20, 2019.

1. ploov Win User

Need help with an external keyboard

So I use an external keyboard whenever I'm using my laptop, because I find it easier to use when I'm playing games and such. The keyboard that I'm using is an 11$ TEKNET wireless keyboard. I would like help, because I don't understand what the problem is, the keys have remapped themselves. It has these random spasms where it with either type lower or capital letters too.I've tried uninstalling it and putting the usb back in when I restart the computer, didn't work. I tried uninstalling the keyboard from device manager, shutting down the computer, and then putting it back in. That still didn't work.

Is there some program I could use to rebind the keys?

It's not entirely necessary to use it; but it's very comfortable to have instead.

Do you think I need to buy a new keyboard? Or..?

:)

ploov, Dec 20, 2019

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 20, 2019
  3. I"m having a problem with the keyboard in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Need help with an external keyboard

Help Choosing Gaming Keyboard

Hi guys, just found this forum and looks awesome.

I just bought a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (this one) and I am about 70% satisfied. I am returning it because they sent me the wrong model number, but I think the model number up from this won't be much different.

What I need in a gaming keyboard:
    • WHITE Backlit Keys (multicolor is a plus but has to allow white since I basically only use white)
    • Anti-ghosting (preferably 10 keys simultaneous)
    • Silent Keypress
    • $40 to $80 (used is fine)
    • Easy-to press keys
    • External color a simple black
    • OPTIONAL: Low-profile keys (slim, ultraslim)
    What do you suggest? I have been searching for many hours and have a few ideas, but there are mixed reviews.

vawrvawerawe, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Need help with an external keyboard

1. Need help with an external keyboard - Similar Threads - Need help external

2. Need help with keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with keyboard: My keyboard suddenly stopped working when i use it on my pc, ive tried to update drivers but nothing happened i updated windows and still nothing got fixed it is saying that the keyboard is an unknown device and that it might be broken but when i plug it into my laptop it...
  3. Need help with keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with keyboard: My keyboard suddenly stopped working when i use it on my pc, ive tried to update drivers but nothing happened i updated windows and still nothing got fixed it is saying that the keyboard is an unknown device and that it might be broken but when i plug it into my laptop it...
  4. Onscreen keyboard help needed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onscreen keyboard help needed...: How do I get the onscreen keyboard to open when I click in a text box? I have five touchscreen monitors that have no keyboard attached. When I reboot the computers, a text box appears asking for the password. On three of the computers, the onscreen keyboard will appear when I...
  5. Onscreen keyboard help needed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onscreen keyboard help needed...: How do I get the onscreen keyboard to open when I click in a text box? I have five touchscreen monitors that have no keyboard attached. When I reboot the computers, a text box appears asking for the password. On three of the computers, the onscreen keyboard will appear when I...
  6. Onscreen keyboard help needed...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Need help with old keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with old keyboard: Keyboard: Roccat isku+ Hello. I want to use a extern keyboard on my laptop. It doesn't seem to reconise the drivers. I tried to uninstall the drivers. Update windows 10, install driver from Roccat website, and basically tried everything I found googling this issue. I...
  8. Need help with keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with keyboard: I have a Casio keyboard and a Windows 10 PC. I bought a USB A-B adapter so I could connect the two and record music. The computer registered the keyboard at first, but it stopped doing so. I need help- how could connect the two and record music? submitted by...
  9. Need help with keyboard language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with keyboard language.: I'm having an issue with my Windows 10 keyboard languages. Before installing the 1803 upgrade I had two languages set: Greek and UK English. I did the upgrade and suddenly I have US English along with the other two languages. I tried to remove the US and it didn't let...
  10. No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED: Hello, I'm looking for a solution since 3 days with non success so I hope that someone wll be able to help me. To make a long story short, I installed Windows 10 (coming from Windows 7) and I was facing trobles with my USB ports. I tried to fix this but now my USB...