Windows 10: need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing

Discus and support need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i use username and password which have some common characters in the beginning. I use the same username and password for all my apps and webpages. i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ANONYMOUS#######, Nov 21, 2020.

1. need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing

i use username and password which have some common characters in the beginning. I use the same username and password for all my apps and webpages.

i recently turned on Settings>Devices>Typing>Hardware Keyboard> show text suggestions as i type.

i then one day made a mistake while entering my password in the username section. i did not submit the password. i corrected it by entering my username and then below it i entered my password.

since then i am cursed.

i am very careful about my password strength and privacy.

my password is more than 20 charecters long with a combination of special symbols, random characters and numbers and names

everytime i enter my initial common characters of my username it shows me my password in recommendation in the auto suggestion tab.

i will give you an example

if my username if planeman

and if my password is planet12345

then one day i accidently put planet12345 in the username section and the autosuggestion feature saved it.

so whenever i am entering my username till character e in the word - 'plane' it suggests me to autocomplete it to planet12345 which is my password. as soon as i type 'm' or any other charecter after plane in the username, the suggestion is gone.

i cannot reset all my passwords,

i want to find a way to remove the words it learned and saved in such a way. beacuse it has learned my password. it is a handy feature to quickly put in your full email-id but is bad that it suggests password after it.

please respond fast.

need to fix asap.

:)

ANONYMOUS#######, Nov 21, 2020

2. Delete auto suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are wiling to delete Auto suggestion of previous search suggestions on Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Tools (Ring) icon at the right top.
    • Click on the Advanced tab then scroll down to Enable Suggested Sites and uncheck the box to turn it off then click Ok.

need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing 451x569x3suggest.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.ovy3-RQK8e.png

• Close Internet Explorer and restart it and see if it brings any difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with the information required, current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 21, 2020
  3. w10 auto play dead

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn on auto play for DVD and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “auto play”.
    • Under the tab “choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device” check the box “Use auto play for all media and devices”.
    • Then under the option DVD you can select the appropriate option and check if it helps.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 21, 2020
  4. need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing

Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

As per the query, I would suggest you to once try the suggestions from the following link and check if it helps.

Turn on or off Auto-Complete List name suggestions

Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing

1. need help with auto-suggestions tab while typing - Similar Threads - need help auto

2. I need help my File Explorer opening while typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help my File Explorer opening while typing: My keyboard is causing File Explorer to open constantly when typing and even shaking it. I wanted help on this. Is it possible to block File Explorer from opening by keys? So my problem is solved until I get a new keyboard....
  3. I need help with auto arrange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with auto arrange: im trying to turn off auto arrange, but it doesnt show the option when i try to do it. does anybody know the issue? submitted by /u/krabbbbz_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/um3wx1/i_need_help_with_auto_arrange/
  4. Need your help/suggestions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need your help/suggestions.: Hello r/Windows10. I am very curious about whether I should update my laptop or not. Specs are: Intel Core i5 3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz 4 GB RAM 64 bit Windows 10 Pro 1903 I don't have any graphics card or SSD on this laptop. Should I update my Windows 10 1903 to 2004 latest?...
  5. Folder and file auto suggest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder and file auto suggest: Since the last update i cant get auto suggest to work when searching in folders. For example open my music folder, search for Eric Clapton and i would usually be given files based on what i was typing without having to hit enter or even finish the name. Any ideas? THIS IS...
  6. Need Help as well as suggestion from experts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need Help as well as suggestion from experts: Hi, I have a Website based on Lunar lamps in which I added the best picks and compiled a list for readers based on our research. Now, I live my website on shared hosting with Linux. But I have doubt on security features. So, I want to shift my website from Linux to Windows...
  7. auto suggestion of word while using word application

auto suggestion of word while using word application: Please help! While I am typing anywhere, I get this annoying word suggestion box on my screen, often over my text. How do I switch it off and make it go to it's final resting place? Screen shot below: Thank you wise people. Rach Oh so ironic!!!!!!...
  8. annoying suggestion while typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    annoying suggestion while typing: Hi, For the past week or so, whenever I am typing anywhere, let it be notepad or google, I get this annoying suggestion box near the cursor. I don't know where it is coming from and I could see no software installed in my system which could perform this. What I could...
  9. Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.

Auto Snap to function of the pointer while typing.: I am trying to find out how to stop the autosnap function of the mouse pointer while I am typing. It seems to occur everywhere but here. Where do you adjust this function?...
  10. Need help disabling auto-brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help disabling auto-brightness: Hello ! First of all, this is the system I'm talking about: Lenovo Thinkpad T420s i7-2620m Nvidia NVS 4200m I'm not sure if it's some drivers derping or if it's Windows 10, but I get some annoying auto-brightness. If I go on some page that has a dark background, my...