Windows 10: Need help with automatic repair...

Discus and support Need help with automatic repair... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I’m on windows 8.1 and have the automatic repair issue. I wouldn’t be posting here, since the ways to resolve it are self explanatory but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JovintoJain, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Need help with automatic repair...

So I’m on windows 8.1 and have the automatic repair issue. I wouldn’t be posting here, since the ways to resolve it are self explanatory but it requires my password and I don’t have it. I also don’t remember my email either that was used to create the account (if I did use any). I’m not sure if the account is only local to the computer or not. I’ve never been required to use my password to sign in previously to get into the computer, it did that automatically. How do I resolve this if there is any way to?

:)

JovintoJain, Jul 11, 2019

2. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Need help with automatic repair...

Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Need help with automatic repair...

1. Need help with automatic repair... - Similar Threads - Need help automatic

2. NEED HELP 'Automatic repair couldnt repair your pc'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEED HELP 'Automatic repair couldnt repair your pc': Last week, my pc froze and i couldnt do anything, so i powered it off with the power switch worst mistake of my life. Now whenever i fire it up, i get the blue screen with the frowney, telling me theres a problem with the pc and it needs to get repaired. Then it goes to black...
  3. NEED HELP 'Automatic repair couldnt repair your pc'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEED HELP 'Automatic repair couldnt repair your pc': Last week, my pc froze and i couldnt do anything, so i powered it off with the power switch worst mistake of my life. Now whenever i fire it up, i get the blue screen with the frowney, telling me theres a problem with the pc and it needs to get repaired. Then it goes to black...
  4. NEED HELP 'Automatic repair couldnt repair your pc'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Automatic Repair : Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair : Help: Hello Microsoft Community:I have a Dell LATITUDE E6510 Laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The laptop failed to Start up 1 day the Automatic Repair is telling me, "Your PC did not start correctly - press Restart to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also...
  6. Automatic Repair : Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair : Help: Hello Microsoft Community:I have a Dell LATITUDE E6510 Laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The laptop failed to Start up 1 day the Automatic Repair is telling me, "Your PC did not start correctly - press Restart to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also...
  7. Automatic Repair : Help

8. I’m stuck in Automatic Repair Mode - Need help

I’m stuck in Automatic Repair Mode - Need help: So everytime I try and restart my pc it goes into automatic repair mode and comes up it cannot repair my PC and the error message is (C:\windows\system32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt) I tried to fixboot is also but says my acess is denied... I tried to startup with a...
  9. Automatic repair error! Need some help!

Automatic repair error! Need some help!: Today I was just using my Lenovo IdeaCentre, when suddenly my windows crashed. It then went into automatic repair and is now looping. I don’t know whether this is an error in the system or what, but I would like some help please....
  10. Automatic Repair Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Help: I have spent the last six hours trying to figure out what is going on with my computer. I have tried EVERY single fix for this but all I get is more errors and nothing is working. Every time that I try to turn on my computer, I get the message that Automatic Repair couldn't...