Windows 10: Need help with BIOS Password

Discus and support Need help with BIOS Password in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings everyone this is my first post! I have a MSI Z77-G45 Main Board and I forgot my password for the BIOS. I'm sure it's UEFI because I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by comb, Dec 26, 2015.

1. comb Win User

Need help with BIOS Password

Greetings everyone this is my first post!

I have a MSI Z77-G45 Main Board and I forgot my password for the BIOS. I'm sure it's UEFI because I have tried to remove the battery for one hour as well as using the clear cmos button and even the clear cmos jumper. The BIOS states that the settings were set to default but it still continues to ask for a password whenever it tries to boot the OS. I have also removed the HDD and DVDROM to ensure that wasnt causing the problem. I have had this MB since 2013 and have never had a problem so now i'm stuck and I can't use it unless I get rid of this UEFI BIOS Password. Please help!

:)

2. TOSHIBA HDD SECURITY PASSWORD

Hi Eddie,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes after you get into the BIOS prior to the issue?

• Did you try to disable the hard disk password in the BIOS?

• Do you get any error when you try to uninstall the program which you mentioned in the description?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Power off the computer and restart it. As soon as the computer starts and you see the company logo or boot screen, press the “Delete,” “F1,” “F2” or other key needed to enter the BIOS setup utility. If you
      don’t know which key to press, look for a message on the screen that displays the key needed to access the BIOS during startup. If there is no such message on the screen, refer to the user guide for your computer or motherboard to determine which key you need
      to press to enter the setup utility.

• Enter the BIOS or Supervisor password if prompted and press “Enter.” Scroll to the “Security” or “Set Passwords” options in the BIOS menu and press “Enter.”

• Scroll down to the “Set User Password,” “Set Boot Password,” “Set HDD Password” or other similar menu option and press “Enter.”

• Enter the current user or hard drive password in the “Current Password” field. Leave the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields blank and press “Enter.” The BIOS removes the password needed to boot the
      computer.

• Press “F10” to save the changes to the BIOS and restart the computer. Alternatively, click the “Save Changes and Exit” link at the bottom of the BIOS menu screen.
    BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persist, then I suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the further help.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad
    to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Lost my supervisor password

Ok. But this still doesn't help me. I need to change my admin password right now. I don't have a need to get into the BIOS. Can I change my admin password in the BIOS? If I can, I will get that one. If not, I will still be at square one!

claince/Bill, Dec 26, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Dec 26, 2015
  5. comb Win User
    Thanks for posting that I'll make sure to try the 24 hour method with the jumper connected and no power going to the mainboard. I'll also press the cmos button a couple of times when I do plug it in tomorrow.

comb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with BIOS Password - Similar Threads - Need help BIOS

2. need help changing password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help changing password: Greetings. My Hotmail account has been hacked and I desperately need to change the password. The issue at hand is that in order to do so, one must receive a code for a secondary email account, which I created over a decade ago, haven't used since, and whose password...
  3. need help changing password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help changing password: Greetings. My Hotmail account has been hacked and I desperately need to change the password. The issue at hand is that in order to do so, one must receive a code for a secondary email account, which I created over a decade ago, haven't used since, and whose password...
  4. need help changing password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need "Real" help with a password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need "Real" help with a password: I have an old account that I haven't used in forever and I want to update it with my new email, however, its been so long that there was "suspicious activity" and now it's locked for my "safety." In order to unlock it, I need an email that I used over ten used ago and only...
  6. BIOS master password HELP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BIOS master password HELP?: Hello, everybody, I own a laptop from Asus, which I couldn't use for a while, because his hard disk broke once. Now I have a new hard disk (including a partitioning for the operating system), but when I connect it to the usual SATA interface of the laptop, a BIOS master...
  7. Forgot Password and need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot Password and need help.: About 4 years ago, I bought my first pc, as a gaming/school device. I created a password but never logged in to Microsoft and therefore can’t change my password. I uploade pictures of my family from years ago into this computer. After going on a trip, I forgot the password. I...
  8. Bios Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios Password: I have an Hp ProDesk 400 G3 SFF. I got a message that I needed a bios update. Your probably thinking I should be on the Hp site but this has to do with the bios on the operating system. When I tried to update the bios it wanted the bios password. I bought this computer brand...
  9. Need help with bios for Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with bios for Asus laptop: hi, i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010. the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7...
  10. trying to update bios need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to update bios need help: I've been looking for a bios update for my pc but I cant find one that will work for windows 10 and to be honest I don't understand bios updating but heres the specs. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Manufacturer: elitegroup model :c51pvgm-m chipset:...