Windows 10: Need help with BitLocker Recovery & Microsoft Account Blocked

Discus and support Need help with BitLocker Recovery & Microsoft Account Blocked in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On Saturday 6/27/2020 I went to close my laptop down and got a message stating that I had an outstanding "Bios" upgrade pending. I went ahead and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim Leigh, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Jim Leigh Win User

Need help with BitLocker Recovery & Microsoft Account Blocked

On Saturday 6/27/2020 I went to close my laptop down and got a message stating that I had an outstanding "Bios" upgrade pending. I went ahead and checked yes to do the update and the OS took control, downloaded and installed the Bios upgrade. The laptop then went into a "restart", and once the machine came up it flashed another message and went into a second restart. When the machine came back up, it displayed a "blue screen" with the word BitLocker and a "recovery key" window and prompt. Since I didn't have time on Saturday evening to continue. I shut the machine down. On Sunday afternoon I booted the machine and came back to the BitLocker screen. Since I didn't have a recovery key, I followed the instructions to go to AKA.MS/Myrecoverykey, which I did. Once at the link I was prompted to enter my Microsoft Account id & password, which I did. Since the recovery key was going to send me a text authentication code, I noted that the last two digits were to my wife's phone and she is out of town so I requested that the MS account change my phone # and entered the information I was prompted for. My wife's phone # is 703 895 0255 and I requested to add or change to my number 703 677 2556. Once I hit enter on the request, the window closed me out of the MS Account App, leaving me at the prompt to enter my MS account id & password, which I did and I got a message stating that the account was locked blocked? pending MS review and would not be unlocked until 7/28/2020. I attempted signing on to my MS account and got codes sent to my alternate email address, but I kept getting account blocked until 7/28/2020 message. Sothe bottom line is that I'm locked out of my Microsoft Account until 7/28/2020 and I cannot get past the BitLocker screen as I need a recovery code, which I need to get from the MS recovery site on the MS account. My contact info is: James Jim Leigh, phone# above. MS Account ID: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, Laptop name HP Envy 17m-ce1xxx, purchased 9/25/2019, OS Windows 10. Alternate email & MS account*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. FYI, since the Bios upgrade came from HP, I called HP support, but they said I needed to talk with MS to get to my MS Account to get a recovery key.

:)

Jim Leigh, Jun 30, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 30, 2020
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 30, 2020
  4. WiIfred P Win User

Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

Hi EdMakel,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor and an expert with Windows 10.

I understand your concern with the recovery key for your BitLocker and I do apologize that you are having a problem finding it. But don't you worry because you have an expert here and I can definitely help you with that.

BitLocker ensured that a recovery key was safely backed up prior to activating protection. There are several places that your recovery key maybe, depending on the choice that was made when activating BitLocker:

In your Microsoft account: Sign in to your Microsoft account on another device to find your recovery key: If you have a modern device that supports automatic device encryption, the recovery key will most likely be in your Microsoft account. If the device was
    set up or BitLocker protection was activated by another user, the recovery key may be in that user’s Microsoft account.

On a printout you saved: Your recovery key may be on a printout that was saved when BitLocker was activated. Look where you keep important papers related to your computer.

On a USB flash drive: Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.

In an Azure Active Directory account: If your device was ever signed in to an organization using a work or school email account, your recovery key may be stored in that organization's Azure AD account associated with your device. You may be able to access it
    directly or you may need to contact a system administrator to access your recovery key.

Held by your system administrator: If your device is connected to a domain (usually work or school device), ask a system administrator for your recovery key.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/453047...

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help with BitLocker Recovery & Microsoft Account Blocked - Similar Threads - Need help BitLocker

2. Microsoft account recovery and bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account recovery and bitlocker: My son has set up his laptop for school etc and forgotten the Microsoft password, we have tried absolutely everything to retrieve this but now we are needing bitlocker key, which i assume will be attached that email that we can't get into. please help! now have an ineffective...
  3. Microsoft account recovery and bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account recovery and bitlocker: My son has set up his laptop for school etc and forgotten the Microsoft password, we have tried absolutely everything to retrieve this but now we are needing bitlocker key, which i assume will be attached that email that we can't get into. please help! now have an ineffective...
  4. Microsoft account recovery and bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with BitLocker Recovery key: I have a Dell Laptop and a Surface Pro 7+ which both devices are on my Microsoft account. I cannot access my Dell Laptop due to the request to input the BitLocker Recovery Key, which I don't have despite not enabling any setting for that.What can I do to be able to use my...
  6. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

Need help with BitLocker Recovery key: I have a Dell Laptop and a Surface Pro 7+ which both devices are on my Microsoft account. I cannot access my Dell Laptop due to the request to input the BitLocker Recovery Key, which I don't have despite not enabling any setting for that.What can I do to be able to use my...
  7. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. microsoft account recovery problem-need help!!

microsoft account recovery problem-need help!!: I was able to recover my account supposedly, I answered all of the questions and reset my password but when I go to try and change my email and phone for verifcation it isnt letting me.... the email and phone on file are NOT correct anymore, I have neither email or phone any...
  9. microsoft account recovery problem-need help!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account recovery problem-need help!!: I was able to recover my account supposedly, I answered all of the questions and reset my password but when I go to try and change my email and phone for verifcation it isnt letting me.... the email and phone on file are NOT correct anymore, I have neither email or phone any...
  10. microsoft account recovery problem-need help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming