Windows 10: Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

Discus and support Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new desktop of win 10 a few days ago and has already encountered blue screen twice. The stop code is NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE. The only thing I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kulasdq, Jul 29, 2020.

1. kulasdq Win User

Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

I bought a new desktop of win 10 a few days ago and has already encountered blue screen twice. The stop code is NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE. The only thing I have installed as of now is just google chrome. Blue screen happened when I remote into my workplace computer to do my work it's suddenly crashed when I just opened a document folder...

dmp file link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmJS-_F6sMlpe6sNVw4NkBOaD9M?e=YY2zkV

:)

kulasdq, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Roan T Win User

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Blue Screen - intelppm.sys error - need help

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This error occurs when the intelppm.sys file is corrupted, you can try few of the troubleshooting methods below and check.

Method 1: Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

I suggest you to check the article Troubleshoot
    blue screen errors
    and follow the instruction according to the error you are receiving.

If you still face the issue, try below method.

Method 2: Run Dism command to restore Health.

1. Download Windows 10 ISOwith
      the help of this tool on your desktop.
    2. Search for Command Prompt from the start menu.
    3. Right Click on the ISO file and open with Windows explorer, it will be mounted as drive.
    4. Right click and Run as Administrator.
    5. Type in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:F:\sources\install.wim
      on the command prompt.
    6. Where F is the drive path of your Mounted ISO, change accordingly.
    7. Hit Enter on the command prompt and let it repair.

If the issue still persists, follow the next method.

Method 3: Run in-place Upgrade.

You can check the article How
    to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide

If you need any further help you can reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

1. Need help with blue screen: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - Need help blue

2. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs: Please, help. When my acer nitro 5 laptop is idle i.e. not doing any work the nmi_hardware_failure blue screen appears. That is, when only the integrated video card is active, this error occurs. But when I run some game or program that uses a discrete graphics card, the blue...
  3. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs: Please, help. When my acer nitro 5 laptop is idle i.e. not doing any work the nmi_hardware_failure blue screen appears. That is, when only the integrated video card is active, this error occurs. But when I run some game or program that uses a discrete graphics card, the blue...
  4. nmi_hardware_failure blue screen occurs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blue Screen Issue NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen Issue NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: Hi, Over the last few days I've been facing a BSOD error called "NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE". Just wonder if anyone on here knows how to solve it. I've tried the following troubleshooting steps: Updating video card drivers. Re-installing Windows. Re-seating my RAM modules....
  6. Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuing getting restart screen saying NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE, please help, this is a new...: Not doing anything in particular it seems to be random! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuing-getting-restart-screen-saying/eea9c07e-fa42-4ee1-9a03-409df193495d
  7. nmi_hardware_failure

nmi_hardware_failure: HP desktop, HP Envy TE01 series, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.207) Blue screen happens randomly, all has the same error code. Contacted HP support and did all the troubleshooting, couldn't identify the root cause (passed all the tests). Then they sent me a recovery media to...
  8. HP Win10 constant blue screen nmi_hardware_failure

HP Win10 constant blue screen nmi_hardware_failure: My hp desktop has this same blue screen constantly, and it always happens around the same time each month 28-31st. Contacted hp support and did all the possible trouble shooting but couldn't identify the problem all tests passed. Then they sent me a recovery media and...
  9. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: Can someone help me solve this problem i would be so grateful It often occurs when im gaming on geforce now Here is the dump file inf. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19528.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  10. Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 restart issue: Blue Screen Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE: [ATTACH] I have Asus X540Y laptop which I had bought 2 years before. Laptop was running good but since last 5-6 months it was showing blue screen restart issue any time. Initially I was ignoring this issue. But gradually problem was happening more frequent. There was no such...