Windows 10: Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey folks :) Not sure about the customs here but i´ll try my best to give all important information. A few days ago my Laptop started getting slower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hans-Christian Kranz, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe

Hey folks Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe :) Not sure about the customs here but i´ll try my best to give all important information.

A few days ago my Laptop started getting slower and slower to the point that even the right click menu would lag. Then i got my first Bluescreen while exporting lots of RAW files in Lightroom.
    The Bluescreen stated a "Driver Power State Failure". I tried all fixes i could find online as in checking for driver updates or generally faulty drivers but wasn´t successful.

After that i did a windows reset through the windows interface with "all personal data" removed. As i understood this should be a "clean install" right ?

For a day i was installing and copying all files i needed back on the Laptop and everything seemed fine. Sadly 10 min after i started editing on Premiere Pro i experienced two more Bluescreen with "Driver Power State Failure"

I tried figuring out the "Dump File" with a free program called BlueScreenView which found the following
    1. Bluescreen after windows reset: ntoskrnl.exe+55e400
    2. Bluescreen after windows reset: ntoskrnl.exe+2d0d66

I found this thread:

There it said to run a "Windows Memory Diagnostic" which found no problems at all

I then followed instructions on using "Driver Verifier" which caused my Laptop to not start up anymore. I had to start in SafeMode and reset the Verifier.

My system:

Asus UX501J
    Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Geforce GTX 960m
    16Gb Ram (couldn´t find the "model")
    4k display
    Windows 10 64-bit Operating System

I honestly don´t know what to do anymore and that´s why i´m searching for help right here Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe :)

Thanks in advance! Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe :)

:)

Hans-Christian Kranz, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Ongoing 'Driver Power State Failure' Bluescreen on SB

Hi,

I have posted previously regarding this issue but did not get any response. The 'Driver Power State Failure' bluescreen, however still persists following some minor updates recently. Frequency of bluescreen occurrence has reduced but still happens once in
    a while. Such issue usually happens after abnormal communication between the screen and performance base, e.g. failure to recognise USB devices (still able to charge them), unable to use keyboard and touchpad, 'lactch failed to open' error.

Could anyone suggest a solution to this issue? I fear this may eventually damage the device.

Kind regards

Jim

YaoyuanZhang, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe

Need help with DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE error

I have an HP Stream 7 tablet that I upgraded to W10 through the prompt to do so that popped up in late July.

The device has been kept fully updated to the most recent drivers and Windows updates and everything has been working fine from late July until recently when I started receiving
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE errors any time I left my tablet on, idle and in sleep mode for any substantial length of time.
    Randomly while in sleep mode the tablet would spontaneously reboot and when I checked the event log after it loaded back up I would have the
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE error.

Using BlueScreenView I was able to determine that ntoskrnl.exe was listed as the problem but was unable to determine the actual driver possibly causing the issue.

I have seen online that analyzing the memory dump when one of these crashes/reboots happens can usually pinpoint that faulting driver but I am not up to the challenge of debugging it myself. So what I am wondering is if someone would take a look at
    the memory dump I have attached a link to in this post and see if they can help me identify my issue.

Thanks in advance for any help someone can provide.

OneDrive link to memory dump file: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

John

JohnPersons, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe

1. Need help with Bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure" / ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - Need help Bluescreen

2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE help: I already tried to get help with this error here and I explained it, but I didn't get any help, so I am trying again. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Error - Microsoft Community but A new problem is that I need to go into safe mode with internet and I can't. When I try to go into...
  3. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE help: I already tried to get help with this error here and I explained it, but I didn't get any help, so I am trying again. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Error - Microsoft Community but A new problem is that I need to go into safe mode with internet and I can't. When I try to go into...
  4. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE - Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE - Help: Hello!I own an Asus laptop, model: ROG Strix G15 AMD CPU and GPUIm facing once every few days a bluescrren error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE when I turn on my pc after a couple of minutes.Just uploaded the .dmp files to analyze what caused the computer to...
  5. Driver Power State Failure bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Power State Failure bluescreen: I left some downloads running on my PC and came back to this BSOD. I've also had the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop code a few times in the past. Could anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks. minidump files...
  6. Driver Power State Failure bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Power State Failure bluescreen: I left some downloads running on my PC and came back to this BSOD. I've also had the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop code a few times in the past. Could anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks. minidump files...
  7. Help with driver state power failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with driver state power failure: After an update a while ago. My Bluetooth and sometimes mouse stops working after sleep or hibernation. Restarting triggers, a driver state power failure. I'd appreciate some help with this. My PC is old and slow, so I almost never shut it down as it takes too long to start...
  8. Help with Driver power state failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Driver power state failure: Hello, I've been having this problem for a few days and the same thing has happened to me 4 times. My laptop crashes and then I get a notice saying there is a problem called "POWER STATE FAILURE DRIVER" the worst thing is when the laptop reboots the brightness option is gone...
  9. Driver power state failure bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver power state failure bluescreen: My laptop crash every day, the bluescreen show the error code "Driver Power state failure".A dump file was saved in C:\Windows\minidump. I uploaded it to https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yc8TRlGrjvO2L8Nsws5_ky48bUKlVcnM/view?usp=sharing Could you help me to solve this...
  10. Help! Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Driver Power State Failure: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rararasputin16 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfutxp/help_driver_power_state_failure/