Windows 10: Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install

Discus and support Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got my new Acer Spin 5 SP515-51N and it has a 1TB Hdd as the main drive which is slow. I bought a Sabrent rocket 256gb m.2-2280 SSD to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FenderGuy, Apr 12, 2020.

1. FenderGuy Win User

Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install

I just got my new Acer Spin 5 SP515-51N and it has a 1TB Hdd as the main drive which is slow. I bought a Sabrent rocket 256gb m.2-2280 SSD to use that as my main OS boot drive and I was going to use the 1TB as a seconary for storage. Seems any cloning from the 1TB 4096 to the 256GB 512 is not going to happen. Fine a clean install on the 256GB ssd is needed, but the issue I am running into is I cant boot from a USB that has Windows 10 on to install on the SSD and when I try to change the boot settings, it has Windows Boot Manager as the main boot. I have tried everything from enabaling F12 boot options, disabling secure boot, Advanced option to boot from USB and that just says No USB Boot options. I am starting to hate the Acer and Windows 10 well any new computer I get I hate the setup, but this has been one the of the worst setups ever. Ive read up on the Sabrent rocket 256gb m.2-2280 SSD which has come compabaility issues but I should be able to get a clean instal on the SSD and how its not booting up makes me seem something is locked on my New Acer or Windows 10 is not locked down to alllow changing boot ups?

:)

FenderGuy, Apr 12, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 12, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install

Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install

1. Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Need help Boot

2. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  3. [HELP] Need to clean install windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Need to clean install windows: Hi all, I got new laptop where windows 10 is activated. Now I want clean install windows 10. Without losing windows 10 activation how can I do this ? Also wanted to complete wipe c drive data and keep other drive data as it is? Please guide me submitted by /u/Santhire55...
  4. Need Help with Clean Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help with Clean Windows 10 Installation: My PC's OS (Windows 10, 64-bit) is not booting and it was recommended that I download the Windows 10 Disc Image ISO. Following the link on this subreddit, I was able to follow the instructions and download the ISO, but it can't seem to transfer it to a USB, even though the...
  5. clean install of windows 10 on ssd will not re-boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install of windows 10 on ssd will not re-boot: In a new build pc, I did clean install of Windows 10 on ssd. But when I restarted the pc, it will not boot up into Windows. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-of-windows-10-on-ssd-will-not-re/a46590d9-a5f8-461f-9457-bc776552992b
  6. Installing SSD & Clean install

Installing SSD & Clean install: Want to change out a HDD to SSD and also do a clean install (with no risk to licenses) of W10. What is best sequence. Install SSD first, do clean install pointing at SSD or do Clean install on HDD then move to SSD ? 121383
  7. Need help in clean installation of windows 10

Need help in clean installation of windows 10: My computer came with Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and then did upgrade to windows 10 Recently wanted to do the clean installation of windows 10 so downloaded the windows 10 from microsoft and created iso file of it. while clean installation process found this Name Total Size Free...
  8. Need help with a clean Windows 10 install

Need help with a clean Windows 10 install: After using a Microsoft account to login to Windows, then deciding to switch to a local profile, and giving myself Admin privileges, my Windows permissions are so messed up I've decided to start with a clean install. I tried reinstalling Windows hoping to fix some of these...
  9. Need Help With Clean Install Of Windows 10 Home

Need Help With Clean Install Of Windows 10 Home: Hello All, I am licensed to run Windows 10 Home Edition on my PC, but I tried to "upgrade" to Pro without a license. It installed but it would not activate. I need to go back to Home Edition, so I tried everything I could think of but it would not work, so I tried a clean...
  10. Need help performing a clean install with a dual boot

Need help performing a clean install with a dual boot: You guys were right - I should have performed a clean install (if you remember). I have a 1TB drive with a messed up Windows 10 FCU. I am only using about 250GB - so I have 750GB in which to install a clean version of Windows 10. I need instructions on how to partition my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot manager first ot the ssd windowns is installled on

2. how to change the boot drive using windows boot manager