Windows 10: Need help with configured update policies.

Discus and support Need help with configured update policies. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I was logging into Microsoft 365 and I guess I ended up letting it take control of my policies, I am not to sure why I clicked it, but I did, dumb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuietWolf96, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Need help with configured update policies.

So, I was logging into Microsoft 365 and I guess I ended up letting it take control of my policies, I am not to sure why I clicked it, but I did, dumb move on my part. After doing this it updated automatically without any notification. When I go to update and security it says “some settings are managed by your organization” in red and when I click “view configured update policies” it has a list of policies set on my device and under “type” they all say “Type: Mobile device management.” Also in the examples it has two things listed. “Your organization has set some policies to manage updates.” And “You have opted in for the windows insider program.” Is there anyway I can change my policies back to normal?

submitted by /u/QuietWolf96
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuietWolf96, Jan 21, 2020
  2. babranov Win User

How to remove configured Windows 10 update policies

I have run into a very frustrating issue where my computer updates and restarts without notice. I have tried to disable this setting, but have encountered the message "Some settings are managed by your organization", but I am not part of an organization, own my windows 10 licence, and am not enrolled in the insider program. Many google searches have suggested that I enter the group policy editor to disable these policies in the "Windows Update" settings but it appears that no policies are configured here so I do not think that this is the issue. I have also seen suggestions to look in the registry editor but the suggested settings to modify do not appear in my editor. I am truly at a loss here! I have attached a list of all the installed policies, any advice as to how I would go about removing all of these would be immensely appreciated!

1)Auto install and restart at an IT specified time with no notifications

2)Schedule Update Install Day

3)Schedule Update Install Time

4)Get Updates for Other microsoft products

5)Disable Pause updates by User

6)Quality Update Deferral Period

7)Feature update deferral period

8)Exclude Drivers from Windows Quality Updates

9)Enable Automatic Updates

10)Enable skipping battery checks for EDU devices

all of these have the source Administrator and type: Mobile Device Management

I am the sole administrator account so I do not understand why these are here.

babranov, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Need help with configured update policies.

Turning off the "Remove access to use all Windows Update features" group policy

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if the computer connected to any work domain?

In regards to you concern with automatic Windows update scan. I would suggest you to please follow the below steps and check if that helps:

1. Type Group policy in Windows search bar and press Enter.
    2. Go to Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Updates.
    3. On the right panel, look for Configure Automatic Updates.
    4. Double click on it and select Enable.
    5. You can click on the dropdown to set Configure automatic updating and
      Scheduled install day.

In case the computer is connected with domain network. I would suggest you to please post you question in
    Technet
    forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on domain network to assist you with your query.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Need help with configured update policies.

1. Need help with configured update policies. - Similar Threads - Need help configured

2. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with boot configuration data: Hello,I am currently in the process of fixing up an old laptop to play some games on. A couple days ago, I tried to do a complete system reset in order to refresh the laptop, as it has been running slow for the past few years. It told me I didn’t have enough space to reset,...
  3. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with boot configuration data: Hello,I am currently in the process of fixing up an old laptop to play some games on. A couple days ago, I tried to do a complete system reset in order to refresh the laptop, as it has been running slow for the past few years. It told me I didn’t have enough space to reset,...
  4. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Do I Need The Group Policy To Further Configure Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I Need The Group Policy To Further Configure Windows Defender?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I need further help on how to fully increase the Windows Defender antivirus further?,as i don't have the group policy editor included in my Windows 10 home edition?,and the Windows Defender is only by default as is?.I am now using the Huorong...
  6. WSUS policy configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSUS policy configuration: Hello guys... I have a scenario where all the devices from a domain abcde.com are failing when trying to execute the "Check for Updates" button. I reviewed the WindowsUpdate.log and i discover that the device is pointing to a server http://172.16.15.17:8530 , so i verified...
  7. need help configuring taskbar widget

in Windows 10 Support
    need help configuring taskbar widget: so, question...on my stepfather's computer, he has the task bar widget that shows the weather icon, a temperature and a brief 'sunny, partly cloudy' etc description. on mine, I have the weather icon and temperature... how do I set mine to have that brief description after the...
  8. Need help configure storage drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help configure storage drive: I just got a Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 Pro with a OS C: 220 Gb OS SSD and a DATA D: 930 Gb Data hd. The computer was shipped configured to save new data to to the OS hd. After I discovered it a few months later, a rather disgruntled Dell rep helped me to configure to...
  9. Configure Update Policies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configure Update Policies: Windows Update displays this message *Some settings are managed by your organisation View configured update policies I have Windows 10 Home & am not enrolled in Windows Insider Programme Policies set by : Mobile Device Management - and these links to info...
  10. View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10: How to: View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 How to View Configured Update Policies in Windows 10 When you see red (light theme) or yellow (dark theme) "Some settings are managed by your organization" text displayed on Windows Update, it typically means a...