Windows 10: Need help with Cortana Crash

Discus and support Need help with Cortana Crash in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; While Cortana seems to work from the taskbar, when I try to open the app to access settings, the app briefly flashes a purple screen but quickly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cwharts, Sep 20, 2019.

1. cwharts Win User

Need help with Cortana Crash

While Cortana seems to work from the taskbar, when I try to open the app to access settings, the app briefly flashes a purple screen but quickly disappears. running Windows 10 build 18985, release 190913-1426, just updated today.

:)

cwharts, Sep 20, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 20, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Need help with Cortana Crash - Similar Threads - Need help Cortana

2. No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No voice activation setting for Cortana. Need help!: I’m trying to enable voice activation for Cortana but when I go into settings the option for Cortana isn’t there submitted by /u/DueOscar1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqxheu/no_voice_activation_setting_for_cortana_need_help/
  3. Need Help with Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with Crashes: Hello, i've been having this problem where my screen will go dark, as if it was dimming the light, and then restart, no message at all on the screen, it only happens in certain games so far, but i've tried games that i've played before without problems, and now this happens,...
  4. Need Help with Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help with Crashes: Hello, i've been having this problem where my screen will go dark, as if it was dimming the light, and then restart, no message at all on the screen, it only happens in certain games so far, but i've tried games that i've played before without problems, and now this happens,...
  5. Need Help with Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Need help with Cortana

Need help with Cortana: It would appear that some time back I deleted Cortana from my Windows 10. I want to reinstate it, can it be reinstalled? 142040
  7. Need Help with Cortana

Need Help with Cortana: Hello, I have a question on how to fix this. I have a Logitech Vx Revolution mouse and whenever I move the mouse, left click, or do any activity with it Cortana pops up. I thought maybe it was just the mouse, so I took it and plugged it into my dad's computer but it doesn't...
  8. Need Help with my mouse opening Cortana

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help with my mouse opening Cortana: Hello. I've recently gotten a Logitech VX Revolution and for some odd reason everytime i move the mouse or left click or do ANYTHING Cortana pops up. I've tested this on another computer to see if the same thing happened but it didn't. Is there something wrong with my...
  9. Need help to disable Cortana

Need help to disable Cortana: I've disabled Cortana in the Group Policy, and restarted the PC, but still Cortana remains. When I used to have it disabled, a search icon appeared. Everything is disabled in the Cortana settings menu. Are there some other settings I should be aware of? [img] [img]...
  10. Need help getting Cortana to be less useless.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help getting Cortana to be less useless.: Well, all that I was able to make Cortana do is show me the weather... I say "Hey Cortana", nothing happens. I need to actually press the microphone button to make her start listening. I say "Open windows update", she says "Try that again after future updates" I say...