Windows 10: Need help with decompressing c drive

Discus and support Need help with decompressing c drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was running disk cleaner on w10 and checked compress your os drive accidently. I tried decompress through c drive property option but everytime when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by winkawak, Feb 18, 2019.

1. winkawak Win User

Need help with decompressing c drive

I was running disk cleaner on w10 and checked compress your os drive accidently. I tried decompress through c drive property option but everytime when trying to decompress i get error saying c:/swapfiles.sys is being used by another process. Ive tried restarting pc but same thing.

How can i fix this? is there also a way of doing it with command prompt? I can go into c drive and right click property and manually decompress them but i dont think this method is efficient or gets all the folders including hidden ones.

:)

winkawak, Feb 18, 2019
  2. softmate Win User

decompress of c: drive fails time after time (decomprimeren van c: drive lukt niet)

In order to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, it was necessary to compress the c: drive, which is a SSD. After a succesful upgrade, I want to decompress the c: drive. The current compressed situation is that 10,1 Gb is in use of the available 28,4 Gb.

First step was to uncheck the checkbox in the properties dialog "compress this drive to save diskspace" of the c: drive. This action was completed succesfully but the checkbox remains checked.

Also using the command prompt in save mode, using the command: "compact /u /i /s *.*" works fine but the ultimate effect was that the checkbox remains checked.

But it was remarkable that there were so many errors with: Access denied.

So, the ultimate question is: how to uncompress/decompress my SSD?

softmate, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Need help with decompressing c drive

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Need help with decompressing c drive

1. Need help with decompressing c drive - Similar Threads - Need help decompressing

2. C drive help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive help: Hi! My dad has moved the C drive to the D drive and it has wiped everything from the computer. The biggest thing being the outlook App is now empty. The emails/calendar is my mums world! Is there anyway to get it back?...
  3. C drive help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive help: Hi! My dad has moved the C drive to the D drive and it has wiped everything from the computer. The biggest thing being the outlook App is now empty. The emails/calendar is my mums world! Is there anyway to get it back?...
  4. C drive help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need help to Extend my C drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to Extend my C drive.: I have 800GB Of unallocated space. However I would like to extend the C Drive by 60 GB. However then I cick on the C drive Partition. The "Extend" option is grayed out and I can't select it. submitted by /u/jedimaster1uke [link] [comments]...
  6. How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to decompress C: drive on windows 10 pro: Hi, I have compressed my C: drive on windows 10 pro without knowing it is not a good idea. Can anyone tell me how to decompress my C: drive because it is causing problems?...
  7. Can't exit drive properties after a decompression

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't exit drive properties after a decompression: I was trying to decompress a family member's drive, and when i noticed the decompression window was gone, i could not exit drive properties by pressing ok. This is not the biggest problem, as i am not even sure that everything on that drive had been decompressed, as when i...
  8. need help with c++ errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help with c++ errors: every time I install a new game from any platform I perform 1st time set up it gets to finding the "vc_runtimeMinumum_x64msi" however it cannot get past that due to either the path not being found or I do not have access which I have made sure I do is there any way you can...
  9. I need help for shrinking c drive .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help for shrinking c drive .: I am not able to shrink my c drive which was allocated 931 GB , i want to resize to 200 GB . I'm not able to do it using disk management . In disk management , the maximum available shrink space is 790 gb but can't figure out why , as i surfed internet i saw several websites...
  10. C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding: C Drive is Full. Need to add space. See attached photo of Drives. [img] I have deleted unused programs, files and System Restore. One partition is 20GB WINDOW Recovery SYSTEM. ADOBE Photoshop Scratch Disk Partition can be Decreased in size or removed. 55498