Windows 10: need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10

Discus and support need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; will run defrag but after running and rebooting the computer it will show [ATTACH]o any help will be appreciated to get it fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by liverpoolfanster, Apr 9, 2020.

1. need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10

will run defrag but after running and rebooting the computer it will show

need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10 f69f73d1-f191-426c-9e87-710f737c8d69?upload=true.png o

any help will be appreciated to get it fixed

:)

liverpoolfanster, Apr 9, 2020

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Apr 9, 2020
  3. defrag and optimize drives

When I go to defrag & optimize drives one of the drives that is listed as "needs optimization" (12% fragmented) is listed as //?/Volume(a27a9b76-0000-0000-0000-40d6e5000000)/ Can I or should I ignore this?

GaryEdelstein, Apr 9, 2020
  4. need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10

defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10

1. need help with defrag and optimize issue in win 10 - Similar Threads - need help defrag

2. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  3. Defragment and Optimization Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragment and Optimization Tool: Since update to Version 2004, each and any time the Windows Tool to Defragment and Optimize the Hard Drive, I receive an Event Error Message, Event 264, " The storage optimizer couldn't complete retrim on OS C: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware...
  4. SSD optimize and defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD optimize and defrag: There is a place to set optimize and defrag on or off and to schedule if you wish. However, I have read that Windows does this itself in its own way. So should I turn mine off or leave it set to a month? 130044
  5. Optimize and Defrag Schedule issue

Optimize and Defrag Schedule issue: So i have had this to TRIM my SSD weekly it as such it is scheduled as such [img] Problem being it has NEVER did this weekly daily automatically I will randomly check this and it will say 20 ~40 days since last trim cause that how long it is before i actual check......
  6. Defrag and Optimize

Defrag and Optimize: What is a good optimizer with W10. Thanks 39959
  7. Defragmenting (Optimizing) SSD Win 10 Recovery & EFI Partitions ?

Defragmenting (Optimizing) SSD Win 10 Recovery & EFI Partitions ?: Hi I have a Sandisk 240GB SSD with Win10 installed and I have the built in defragment/optimizer task scheduled to TRIM out the OS partition of the drive on a weekly basis, however, I didn't know whether or not to have it optimize the other system partitions as well...the...
  8. Defragment and Optimize C drive

Defragment and Optimize C drive: I can not get my C drive to optimize. It stays stuck on 6%. I have tried it 5 times and still will not go to O% optimized. [img] 104256
  9. Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!

Windows disk defragmenting and optimizing!: I really think MS should come up with a better way to put these two Disk Defragmenting and Optimizing into they're own seperate location that is meant for the different drive that users have on they're computer like put the Disk Defragmantation in the Hard disk drive location...
  10. Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10: How to: Optimize and Defrag Drives in Windows 10 How to Optimize and Defragment Drives in Windows 10 One of the best ways you can improve your PC's performance is by optimizing the drive. Windows includes features to help optimize the different types of drives that PCs...