Windows 10: Need help with desktop and application colors

Discus and support Need help with desktop and application colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I managed to make a total mess of my desktop and application colors and I can't figure out how to change them back to what I want. I've attached a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimBir, Dec 19, 2018.

1. JimBir Win User

Need help with desktop and application colors

I managed to make a total mess of my desktop and application colors and I can't figure out how to change them back to what I want. I've attached a screenshot showing my problem. Can someone provide me with some help? Need help with desktop and application colors 470527a2-81aa-44cc-9129-250f6259bade?upload=true.jpg

:)

JimBir, Dec 19, 2018

2. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Need help with desktop and application colors

change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Need help with desktop and application colors

1. Need help with desktop and application colors - Similar Threads - Need help desktop

2. Application Crash/Help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Crash/Help needed: Hello I keep crashing on an application/game I play every 45min-1 hours with this offset Fault offset: 0x00000000004d4ff7 does anyone know how to fix this issue or what exactly is causing this specific error to pop up happen with every game i try to play I currently am using...
  3. Application Crash/Help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Crash/Help needed: Hello I keep crashing on an application/game I play every 45min-1 hours with this offset Fault offset: 0x00000000004d4ff7 does anyone know how to fix this issue or what exactly is causing this specific error to pop up happen with every game i try to play I currently am using...
  4. Need help changing color on Taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help changing color on Taskbar.: Need help changing color on Taskbar.Thanks, Albert W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-changing-color-on-taskbar/60dc7375-657b-4ddc-a7c8-95cb29e35fcc
  5. desktop applications. Need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop applications. Need help: Hey!couple months ago I bought a monitor for my Lenovo laptop. I don't know what happened to it but the desktop icons have been changed, stretched out and won't come back. I've been trying to fix it word so many months but no luck. As you can see on the top of the screen...
  6. desktop applications. Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop applications. Need help: Hey!couple months ago I bought a monitor for my Lenovo laptop. I don't know what happened to it but the desktop icons have been changed, stretched out and won't come back. I've been trying to fix it word so many months but no luck. As you can see on the top of the screen...
  7. desktop applications. Need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need some help with color settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with color settings: I can do YCbCr422 with an output color depth of 10 bpc and a limited output dynamic range I can do RGB with an 8 bpc output color depth and a full output dynamic range I can do YCbCr444 with an 8 bpc output color depth and a limited dynamic range Which one is better?...
  9. Need help with applications hanging.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with applications hanging.: Basically every thing I've been trying to use for the past few hours has been hanging when I try to use them. Discord hangs when I try to connect to a voice channel and gives me this event in the Event Viewer: -System -Provider [ Name] Application Hang -EventID1002 [...
  10. Need help to transfer application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help to transfer application: Hello I have two microsoft accounts, and I would like to merge in one account. How can I transfer all my applications that I bought in my principal account? I want suppress my other account. Thx ***moved on english forum****...