Windows 10: Need help with display settings

Discus and support Need help with display settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using File Explorer, and I have a number of separate sessions open, browsing different folders, so I can drag and drop contents from one folder to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnW24x7, Jan 5, 2019.

1. JohnW24x7 Win User

Need help with display settings

I am using File Explorer, and I have a number of separate sessions open, browsing different folders, so I can drag and drop contents from one folder to another.

The problem is that the determining the boundaries of File Explorer Windows is very difficult, especially when they cover each other.

I do not know if I need to change my theme or if there is some other setting where the active window can stand out, or I can get a larger border at the edges, so I can tell where one window's borders are. Right now it is almost like the windows have no border color.

Any tips or tutorial sites related to this would greatly be appreciated.

John

:)

JohnW24x7, Jan 5, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Need help with display settings - Similar Threads - Need help display

2. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  3. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  4. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  5. Advice Needed on Display Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice Needed on Display Settings: I got my first 4k monitor and have never had a monitor above 2.5k in the past. Windows 10 automatically set the display scale to 200% after recognizing the new 4k monitor which I get because text is too small to be legible without scaling. However, I bought the new monitor...
  6. Need help with a display issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with a display issue: My old Samsung SyncMaster B2030 is showing something I don't know how to name, so I'll say it's like a galaxy of small shiny white dots. [img] [img] Can you please explain what is that and what can I do to fix it, should it have any fix? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2...
  7. Help with display settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with display settings: [ATTACH] I was playing civ3 and when I quit the game my screen resolution was smaller. This happens sometimes but when I restart it goes back to its original size. But this time it did't. I restaret a few times, turned it off and on once, tried to change a few settings but...
  8. Help with display settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with display settings.: So, I'm trying to connect my laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable, but the scaling is wrong. On the TV some parts are cut off and I don't know how to fix it. Help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/EdgeFail [link] [comments]...
  9. Need help setting up 2 displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help setting up 2 displays: I just had a new video card installed. And I connected my main monitor via HDMI and second monitor with VGA. Main monitor only gets background photo and the pinned aps on bottom, the second monitor has search box, pinned aps background photo and desktop aps Like normal. But...
  10. Display Settings Shortcuts Needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Settings Shortcuts Needed: Because of my vision I need to quickly change display setting between 125, 150, and 175 as well shifting between portrait and landscape orientation -- all without having to call up the Display Settings page. Example. I need 175% to clearly see the file tree but that is too...