Windows 10: Need help with error 0x80073D05 when re-installing Cortana via Microsoft Store on Windows...

Discus and support Need help with error 0x80073D05 when re-installing Cortana via Microsoft Store on Windows... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep on getting errors, so I have reset Cortana via apps and features and settings and uninstalled it via powershell. Now whenever I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aren Matabia, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Need help with error 0x80073D05 when re-installing Cortana via Microsoft Store on Windows...

I keep on getting errors, so I have reset Cortana via apps and features and settings and uninstalled it via powershell. Now whenever I try to re-install it via the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 2004 I get this error : 0x80073D05. I suspect that was an error with deleting existing application data of Cortana itself, but I can't find the application data in the %appdata% folder. Can someone help me with this? Thanks very much :

:)

Aren Matabia, Jul 13, 2020
  2. ivanabq Win User

Unable to install apps from Windows Store

I tried the suggested steps. No change.

ivanabq, Jul 13, 2020
  3. oxonsi Win User
    Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

I have been tried to install an extension for the Edge browser from the Windows Store, and I keep receiving the error code 0x80073D05.

That led me to try the Microsoft Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. It tells me that the "Windows Store cache and licenses may be corrupt.", and offers to reset Windows Store. After attempting to reset Windows Store, it tells me, "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that it is not fixed.

Then I found some advice to run WSReset.exe in 'C:\Windows\System32' as Administrator. But I still received the 0x80073D05 error after this.

Finally I tried renaming the Cache folder 'C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState' to Cache.old, and creating a Cache folder. After that reboot, and re-run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, and it is supposed to now fix the corruption. But no, it still says, "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that it is not fixed.

So all of that said, is there any way to resolve this issue. Or if this happens, is one simply out of luck? Only solution is to create a new user account, or reset / re-install Windows 10?

Thanks for any info!

oxonsi, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Alan0073 Win User

Need help with error 0x80073D05 when re-installing Cortana via Microsoft Store on Windows...

Mail not reinstalling with error 0x80073D05

I am running Windows 10.

My mail stopped syncing so I uninstalled it using the following:

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* I remove-appxpackage

When going to the store to reinstall it I get the following error:

Try that again

Something when wrong

The error code is 0x80073D05 incase you need it.

Any suggestions?

Alan0073, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Need help with error 0x80073D05 when re-installing Cortana via Microsoft Store on Windows...

1. Need help with error 0x80073D05 when re-installing Cortana via Microsoft Store on Windows... - Similar Threads - Need help error

2. Failed to install or upgrade Microsoft Store package. Error code: 0x80073d05

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to install or upgrade Microsoft Store package. Error code: 0x80073d05: I am using winget to install some of my applications using powershell but I have tried everything and it always says error like, do you have any way to fix it??...
  3. Failed to install or upgrade Microsoft Store package. Error code: 0x80073d05

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to install or upgrade Microsoft Store package. Error code: 0x80073d05: I am using winget to install some of my applications using powershell but I have tried everything and it always says error like, do you have any way to fix it??...
  4. Error when installing Xbox app and the GameBar app from Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80073D05

Error when installing Xbox app and the GameBar app from Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80073D05: When I attempt to install the xbox app or game bar app from the microsoft store it downloads the app but is unable to install it, when i click details it gives me the error Code: 0x80073D0. I've tried running wsreset.exe and resetting the app plus signing out and all this...
  5. Windows 2004: Microsoft Store Help 0x80073D05

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 2004: Microsoft Store Help 0x80073D05: Hi, I have recently updated to the 2004 update and I have tried to launch Spotify which was installed previously by the Microsoft Store and came up with an error so I have uninstalled Spotify from the laptop, and tried to reinstall it. While it is installing about 70% of...
  6. Microsoft Store app not reinstalling--error code 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store app not reinstalling--error code 0x80073D05: I uninstalled the Office app from the Microsoft store and am trying to reinstall it. It downloads all the way, but it only installs to 90% before encountering error code 0x80073D05. I've restarted my computer, reset the Store, and reset the cache with wsreset.exe. I've...
  7. Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05 when installing or uninstalling apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05 when installing or uninstalling apps: [ATTACH]If you’ve been using Microsoft Store apps a lot over the past couple of years, then chances are, you may have come across this error. […] This post Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05 when installing or uninstalling apps is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Error 0x80073D05 : Unable to install Spotify Music App from microsoft Store

Error 0x80073D05 : Unable to install Spotify Music App from microsoft Store: Hello, It has been monthes now since I have this issue, I'm slowly starting to become insane... I've been using the spotify app from the microsoft store for years (better implementation imo), but from a day to another, the app started to bug. I tried to uninstall it and...
  9. Microsoft Store Not Re-installing via Powershell.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Not Re-installing via Powershell.: After attempting to install Sea of Thieves via the Microsoft Store, and failing due to some error. I have tried to reinstall the Microsoft Store, as a previous thread said I had to enter the the command: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program...
  10. Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

in Windows 10 Support
    Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged: I have been tried to install an extension for the Edge browser from the Windows Store, and I keep receiving the error code 0x80073D05. That led me to try the Microsoft Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. It tells me that the "Windows Store cache and licenses may be...