Windows 10: Need help with Explorer.exe problem

Discus and support Need help with Explorer.exe problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Please help me. Whenever I open my laptop, a black screen with Windows cmd prompt appears first before I can access my desktop. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carisha Y., Dec 14, 2019.

1. Need help with Explorer.exe problem

Hello!

Please help me.

Whenever I open my laptop, a black screen with Windows cmd prompt appears first before I can access my desktop. I have to manually enter “explorer.exe” to be able to access my desktop.

How can I fix this?

Thank you so much!

:)

Carisha Y., Dec 14, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Dec 14, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 14, 2019
  4. jsmin Win User

Need help with Explorer.exe problem

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Need help with Explorer.exe problem

1. Need help with Explorer.exe problem - Similar Threads - Need help Explorer

2. Need help with windows explorer app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with windows explorer app: Windows explorer keeps loading forever every time I open it and the files never show. I have had this problem for several months if not years. I have tried everything including:*scanning for corrupt files *disconnecting/reinstalling OneDrive*restarting my computer *cleaning...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...: I downloaded the Router software which of course is zipped. I am the administrator. I am the only user. I right clicked on menu and said extract all, and set up file folder in program 86 files. I Picked Extract all, and got the message Access Denied. Need to have...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...: I downloaded the Router software which of course is zipped. I am the administrator. I am the only user. I right clicked on menu and said extract all, and set up file folder in program 86 files. I Picked Extract all, and got the message Access Denied. Need to have...
  5. Need help with File Explorer Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with File Explorer Problem: I am on Windows 10 and I opened my File explorer one day and found it blank. I have my folders on the side but the main file areas are gone. It works when I'm on another site or program like when I'm uploading a picture to Discord, but when I normally open File Explorer it is...
  6. I need URGENT help "reseting" an EXE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need URGENT help "reseting" an EXE: Hello, Im using a program called "Reset Canon ST4905" to reset my printer. The problem is that i introduced a wrong number in the ID for accident, and now i can't go back, if i close it and open it, it stays in the menu after i introduced an ID. It's not an installed program,...
  7. Windows 10 .exe files problems please HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 .exe files problems please HELP!: I have Windows 10 installed ever since it 2years. As windows 10 is known for, I used to get errors on weekly basis but I used to fix them watching internet. Everything was working fine except for a week ago when all of my .exe files refused to work! The problem began when...
  8. File Explorer Problem Need Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Problem Need Help: In May 9th, 2020 My computer suddenly has a Window Explorer Problem where it doesn't show anything Everything that runs in Window Explorer like Control Panel, doesn't seem to work The strange thing is when I want to upload a picture or a file explorer in Gmail, Whatsapp,...
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. Rundll32.exe Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rundll32.exe Problem: Hi Everybody as the title shows i want to completely block Windows Host Processes (Rundll32.exe) from being executed and i am very consistent to do so *sarc because its swallowing my cpu all the time *Mad and im sure that its not a virus it just a droll and useless windows...