Windows 10: Need help with failed reset loop

Discus and support Need help with failed reset loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AzulBlaze42 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpnpib/need_help_with_failed_reset_loop/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AzulBlaze42, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Need help with failed reset loop

/u/AzulBlaze42, Jul 11, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Reset failed and now stuck in reboot loop

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you provide the error message that you receive when Reset failed?

2. Are you trying to Reset and Remove Everything or Keep Files?

As per the information you have provided, I understand that you are stuck in a reboot loop. I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if you are able to boot into the desktop.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Once you are able to boot, I would suggest that you try performing the reset again.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Need help with failed reset loop

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Need help with failed reset loop

1. Need help with failed reset loop - Similar Threads - Need help failed

2. Need Help Resetting PC After Several Failed Attempts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help Resetting PC After Several Failed Attempts: Hello, I'm posting a 2nd message and request for help if possible. For the past few days, I've been having trouble resetting my PC. I'll do my best to summarize what's happened so far. 3 days ago - my first attempt at resetting my PC. Dell, desktop, Windows 10. The process...
  3. Reset fail causes boot loop asus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset fail causes boot loop asus: Hi, I have an ASUS TP200SA and recently reset the laptop, during the reset it got to around 50 percent then suddenly stopped. It popped up with the message saying, Reset Failed, No Changes Were Made. After this, I restarted the computer and it went into a Boot Loop. It’s been...
  4. Need help! The update keeps on looping??!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help! The update keeps on looping??!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Technical_Cup_1673 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lszroc/need_help_the_update_keeps_on_looping/
  5. need help fixing a BSOD loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help fixing a BSOD loop: I opened a .url file that i thought was harmless, and it constantly BSOD my pc whenever explorer was open. the error that happens is system_service_exception. i can boot into safe mode with command prompt to avoid it triggering as soon as i login since explorer isnt...
  6. Need Help With Reset

Need Help With Reset: My pc has been acting up so I have decided to reset. I have about 30gb worth of data I want to keep in a folder, how do I reset and remove everything but that one folder without using an external drive? submitted by /u/CreepsGamer_ [link] [comments]...
  7. [Help] Mid-reset Boot Loop

[Help] Mid-reset Boot Loop: My Toshiba Satellite laptop is stuck (and has been for 5+ hours) in a boot loop at 64% after I attempted to wipe the drive clean and reinstall Windows 10 via the "reset this PC" operation from the W10 settings application. I have looked up many solutions online and none have...
  8. Need help with this update loop!

Need help with this update loop!: So I tried to install 2004 today, and restarted my pc, all was well until this... https://reddit.com/link/hiefqd/video/5zjqx4gvky751/player submitted by /u/novaistrashy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hiefqd/need_help_with_this_update_loop/
  9. Need help with laptop stuck in a loop.

Need help with laptop stuck in a loop.: Hello everyone, I'll already tell you that English is not my first language so excuse me if I make some mistakes. Yesterday I decided to do a backup of my laptop on a nexternal SSD because it was constantly freezing every ten minutes or so. After the completed backup I...
  10. Update Loop—Need Help Please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Loop—Need Help Please: My PC seems to be stuck in some kind of an update loop and I'm hoping someone can help. It (partially) installed the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903 then indicated that it needed to be restarted to finish installing. When I restart, it hasn't installed the update....