Windows 10: Need help with fresh windows 10 install on newly built pc

Discus and support Need help with fresh windows 10 install on newly built pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My son and I have built pc with intel 8700k i7 cpu, gigabyte gaming 5 z370 mobo, samsung 970 nvme ssd (m.2), team t force 16 gb x 2 ddr4 ram, gibabyte... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonLu, Dec 11, 2018.

1. RonLu Win User

Need help with fresh windows 10 install on newly built pc

My son and I have built pc with intel 8700k i7 cpu, gigabyte gaming 5 z370 mobo, samsung 970 nvme ssd (m.2), team t force 16 gb x 2 ddr4 ram, gibabyte ti1070 gpu and have fresh windows 10 usb flash drive with activation code for install. We powered on and got initial windows 10 install options (i.e. english, etc), but then got a corrupted file 0x080070570 error. Tried to reboot and now I no longer get option to load drivers, or repair. Rather, if I select correct boot device I get BSOD with stop code of PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, what failed: Wimfsf.sys.

It seems like windows only partially installed, but I cannot get past the BSOD. I tried removing one of the ram sticks and also changing channels of ram sticks, but this did not help at all.

Any tips/advice?

If not, I may have myself an expensvie paper weight and a pretty upset 10 year old.

Thanks.

:)

RonLu, Dec 11, 2018
  2. more123 Win User

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Dec 11, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with fresh windows 10 install on newly built pc - Similar Threads - Need help fresh

2. Need help with a newly built system, fresh windows 11 install, having consistent BSOD after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with a newly built system, fresh windows 11 install, having consistent BSOD after...: So, I assembled a new system about a week ago and have been trying to troubleshoot a BSOD issue that started from the first boot up. I am a hobbyist and have built a few other systems, but I've never run into issues like this before. I have been searching for and trying...
  3. Need help with a newly built system, fresh windows 11 install, havinging consistent BSOD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with a newly built system, fresh windows 11 install, havinging consistent BSOD...: So, I assembled a new system about a week ago and have been trying to troubleshoot a BSOD issue that started from the first boot up. I am a hobbyist and have built a few other systems, but I've never run into issues like this before. I have been searching for and trying...
  4. Trouble installing windows 10 on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing windows 10 on newly built pc: I was trying to use my schools free windows 10 education edition. I think I used the wrong product key though. When it asks me to sign in it won't let me use my personal account. When I sign in with my school account it says, "Your organization doesn't allow users to set up...
  5. Installing windows 10 onto newly built pc!!

Installing windows 10 onto newly built pc!!: I recently have built a pc and i accidentally bought a disc which i cannot put into my pc, so im wondering how i can install the windows 10 without the disc?...
  6. Newly built pc Help! please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc Help! please: Hi, So everything was going great until i tried to install windows 10 from a pre made windows 10 installation usb bought from amazon. error message: Windows failed to start then says.. The operating system couldnt be loaded because the system registry file is missing or...
  7. Newly built pc help

Newly built pc help: So ive got my pc all built and set up. I have windows 10 on a laptop, and got windows 10 education for free. So i know theres a media creation tool, do i just use that and then enter the product key once i put the usb in the pc and boot it up? submitted by /u/Hballzz...
  8. Window 10 installation on newly built PC

Window 10 installation on newly built PC: Hello, so i have recently built a pc and im trying to install window 10. Once im on the installation part it restarts the pc and it ask me to basically do it all over again....
  9. Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine

Need help installing Windows 10 on freshly built machine: I just finished assembling my new PC but it keeps freezing when I try to install windows 10. It doesn't freeze in the BIOs and the furthest I've gotten is to the "enter activation key" I've tried unplugging my GPU and using motherboard outputs, I've removed all sticks of RAM...
  10. Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC

Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC: I just finished building a new PC and all was working fine for a while until I went to install the OS. I used a USB that I put the ISO file on and when I turned on the computer, I received a bunch of error messages. First was error 0xc0000221, then 0xc0000098, then...